Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Hard Drive Support

User Tag List

harddrive not detected

This is a discussion on harddrive not detected within the Hard Drive Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Here's the system: p2b-vm motherboard, p3-500 mhz processor was able to update the bios without any difficulties. the harddrive is

Closed Thread

Old 09-24-2004, 12:31 AM   #1
cab

Here's the system: p2b-vm motherboard, p3-500 mhz processor
was able to update the bios without any difficulties. the harddrive is a new maxtor 80 gb. Installed harddrive, in the opening screen it shows the maxtor yet it does nothing else. When you look farther the system doesn't recognize the maxtor as being the harddrive and I can't do anything else. Does this make sense, I'm not sure if I'm writing this properly. For some reason the maxtor isn't configured into the system. Can anyone help or suggest what the problem may be?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-24-2004, 05:03 AM   #2

Could be a few things as some mobos are weird...check;
Format the drive & or download Max Blaster from maxtors website to setup. Check the hard drive setting, mabe set to cable select mode.
Check the bios for the drive.
Test it on 2nd IDE or set to slave on drive.
Old 09-24-2004, 01:20 PM   #3
SPEEDO

Are you sure this board will support this large of a drive?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-26-2004, 01:16 AM   #4
cab

I've tried maxblast but still can't get the harddrive detected. The motherboard he has is the same one we had in our old computer, we put it in ours to see if it would be detected and there everything was fine but when we put it in his, it still won't recognize it. I don't know what else to do, open to suggestions please!
Old 09-26-2004, 05:00 PM   #5
SPEEDO

Do you have an 80 wire IDE cable for that drive? Which would be ATA100 or ATA133.

Old 09-27-2004, 09:15 PM   #6

I had that problem with my old computer...I had to use maxblast....make sure when you use maxblast that you tell it to instal the ez-bios.
when your puter is booting you will see it loading on the screen right after the real bios...
Closed Thread