Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hard drives not visible in BIOS

1K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Networks 
#1 ·
So, recently my computer installed an automatic update. I leave my computer for abit to discover that someone has turned it off and that when I try to boot it up again, I get an "NTLDR is missing"-error. After messing around for a while I find that the BIOS can´t detect either partition of the internal hard disk. Can anyone offer some insight about how to solve this?

#4 ·
Have you tried changing the SATA cable from the motherboard to Drive?
also is your driving spinning when you turn on the computer? if another SATA power cable available from the power supply plug that in

make and model of your computer? if custom build then list all specs including the power supply

#5 ·
If the drive doesn't show up in BIOS that is a serious indicator the drive is bad. It has to show up in BIOS before the system can attempt to boot from it. In your first post you said it was getting a NTLDR error which tells me the system can see the drive therefore it must be in showing up in the BIOS the system has to boot up so far to get that error. What brand is the drive ? I would download the diagnostic tool DOS version to test the drive and see what it reports.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.