Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Hard Drive Support

User Tag List

Hard drive failed error

This is a discussion on Hard drive failed error within the Hard Drive Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. My PC inspiron1545 DELL Window vista.... I drop it on and went off ....... When I turn it on and

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By bassfisher6522
  • 1 Post By spunk.funk
Closed Thread

Old 06-23-2018, 03:01 PM   #1
Registered Member

My PC inspiron1545 DELL Window vista.... I drop it on and went off ....... When I turn it on and it only gives me the logo of the company, but it does not open windows the screen comes out black, I made a diagnosis and show (2000: 0142 code error "HARD DRIVE FAILED"):
If I have to reeplace it, my data will be lost. Can be fixed Someone can help me fix this problem. Thank you very much. Please help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-23-2018, 04:58 PM   #2
TSF Moderator
Hardware Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragil123 View Post
My PC inspiron1545 DELL Window vista.... I drop it on and went off ....... When I turn it on and it only gives me the logo of the company, but it does not open windows the screen comes out black, I made a diagnosis and show (2000: 0142 code error "HARD DRIVE FAILED"):
If I have to reeplace it, my data will be lost. Can be fixed Someone can help me fix this problem. Thank you very much. Please help.
You might be able to salvage the data from the HDD. You would need to pull the HDD out and connect it to another PC (preferable a tower as it's easier), connect SATA/power cables and see if HDD can be accessed. If so then move whatever data you deem valuable to a flash drive/thumb drive.
ragil123 likes this.
Old 06-23-2018, 10:26 PM   #3
TSF Team, Emeritus

My System

Chances are, No.
As stated, you can remove the HDD and attach it, as noted, internally to a desktop computer, or attach it via a USB Adapter, Dock or Enclosure with a power adapter. Attach the Power adapter put your ear next to it and see if it spins up, if not, then it needs to be replaced. If it does have activity, attach it to the computer, if my come up as another drive in Windows. If the Bios and Disk Utilities recognize the drive, then you can use Data Recovery software to access the drive and recover your files.
But if it is not recognized by the computer, then it has failed and needs to be replaced.
ragil123 likes this.

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search