Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hard Drive Data Recovery - Medion HDDrive 2 Go -1TB

8K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  Alt-rtt 
#1 ·
The builders are in and the fuse box was disconnected, all appliances with a plug reset once the power was restored a short time later, no warning was given so everything just shut down :banghead:

8 years of music is stored on the hard drive and it wont open , I dont know if I have a backup ? all i know is when I go to my computer and double click the F drive it wont open and I am desperate to restore the files on the hard drive.

I am a relative novice but will follow any assistance offered to restore the hard drive and check if I have a backup stored anywhere.

I run on windows XP. The hard drive is a Medion HHDrive 2GO 1tb.

I am currently unemployed (UK) So I have a degree of free time to address the situation.

#3 ·
Alt-rtt

I went to R-Undelete and ran the scan as suggested it has taken 16 hours? (Is This Normal, I saved a log file I think?) once finished i was prompted by a few (next) options, some sort of file table was shown with red crosses in some areas? rather than cause any conflict I exited the programme.

Basically I am non the wiser on what to do next and have jotted dwon some of the information that was shown to me, it might help in prompting any recovery prompting from the forum?

FAT 32 System

FAT Boot sectors 2

FAT Table Entries 1077

FAT Directory Entries 2596

Specific File Documents 60996

Hope it helps ?

#4 ·
16 hours is normal for such a large external USB disk. Hope you saved the scan info so you won't need to re-scan the disk when you start working with the disk once again. A red cross on some files means that those file have been normally deleted through the OS. Most likely they are recoverable. Now you may preview several files to see if they can be recovered correctly. Just select a music file and double-click it. It should be played correctly. Do that for several files, and if successful, register the program and recover all the files.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.