Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hard disk space?

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Amd_Man 
#1 ·
Hi,

First of all I apologise if this is in the wrong category and for the simplicity of the question! I recently purchased Nero 11 which is installed on my laptop. However when I try to burn a dvd - a message states that there is not enough free space on my hard disk to perform the task. I am using a fairly old laptop from my university days which had its hard drive split into 2 (C and D=data disk). I have tried to clean up both parts and have managed to free 5GB space on C - and D has 23 GB free. Should nero not be able to run on this? I'm not sure how I can clean up any further space on C as whn I right-click from my Computer it is not showing where all the disk space has been allocated.
Not overly computer literate so any help/advice would be appreciated! Thanks.

#2 ·
with only 5gbs free on the c drive I'm surprised anything runs good! what os are you using?

when you say "clean up" what did you do? disk cleanup? defrag? uninstall old programs? delete data?

I haven't used nero in years (I hate it) but it may need to cache the whole project in temp files or something and therefor there isn't enough space.

but back to 5gbs free ;) you really, really need to free up more space.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.