Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Hard Drive Support

User Tag List

Gygabyte z390 GAMING X

This is a discussion on Gygabyte z390 GAMING X within the Hard Drive Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hello.. I have Gygabyte z390 GAMING X mobo. I am having issues with windows instal as in its not installing..looking

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Stancestans
Closed Thread

Old 03-29-2019, 09:02 AM   #1
Registered Member

Hello..

I have Gygabyte z390 GAMING X mobo.

I am having issues with windows instal as in its not installing..looking at this : https://www.gigabyte.com/uk/Motherbo...10#support-doc

and my samsung evo 850 is clearly NOT on the list, however the mobo has recognised its plugged in, however win10 wont instal.

I have found this : https://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/compu...81832-pdt.html

I want it tomorrow so will pay PC world premium as I just want this to ***** work now..anyway..my question.
The PC world Item is : Samsung 970 PRO M.2 2.5" Internal SSD (MZ-V7P512BW) but its not on the gyga list, however this: 970 PRO MZ-V7P512 512GB one is.
What is the difference between the BW model and the No BW model? Will it work in my board?

Any help will be great
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-29-2019, 11:39 AM   #2
Moderator TSF
Hardware Team Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by vagrent View Post
Hello..

I have Gygabyte z390 GAMING X mobo.

I am having issues with windows instal as in its not installing..looking at this : https://www.gigabyte.com/uk/Motherbo...10#support-doc

and my samsung evo 850 is clearly NOT on the list, however the mobo has recognised its plugged in, however win10 wont instal.
Care to explain in a little more detail what exactly happens? It is not installing how? Does it quit with some error? Does it start and then gets stuck at some stage? Does it not list your SSD as a location for installing Windows? Does it throw up some error even before you begin the installation?

Quote:
I have found this : https://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/compu...81832-pdt.html

I want it tomorrow so will pay PC world premium as I just want this to ***** work now..anyway..my question.
The PC world Item is : Samsung 970 PRO M.2 2.5" Internal SSD (MZ-V7P512BW) but its not on the gyga list, however this: 970 PRO MZ-V7P512 512GB one is.
What is the difference between the BW model and the No BW model? Will it work in my board?

Any help will be great
I don't know the difference, but I can bet it's not so significant as to prevent it from working. The model in the list could just be a base model that covers all of its variants.
vagrent likes this.
Old 03-29-2019, 12:03 PM   #3
Registered Member

Hi Thanks..

Quote:
Care to explain in a little more detail what exactly happens? It is not installing how? Does it quit with some error? Does it start and then gets stuck at some stage? Does it not list your SSD as a location for installing Windows? Does it throw up some error even before you begin the installation?
Basically, from flash drive, I created, it gave me errors..googled. its was corrupted drive files. Bought a flash drive with win 10 on it. and it worked!, got me all the way up to 'Install now'
Then went blank, then no signal blue on monitor, then blank screen etcetera.
I got passed that and onto the setup bit, then blank screen.
then tried to instal via dvd, same.
Checked that giga against my ram and SSD, and found dependencies.
There are not fault codes, just blank screen ad infinitum.
I was gonna try to mess about trying to load windows onto a separate ssd, but ill be honest I really can't be bothered..I may just sulk and play vermintide on my working machine

Quote:
I don't know the difference, but I can bet it's not so significant as to prevent it from working. The model in the list could just be a base model that covers all of its variants.
Ah ok, I tried to google it but to no avail. I have a feeling, you are correct. I hope so.
, but my mate reckons the ram.
Best get ram now, before Brexit eh
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-01-2019, 03:22 AM   #4
Windows Tech Team
Hardware Tech Team

The blanking of the install could most likely be a mix with the UEFI and Non-UEFI option, either both the BIOS option and the Win 10 installer have to be created as UEFI or both have to be non-UEFI, the mix up usually causes issues.

Try to load Windows from the flash drive again, what are the boot options available in the screen and which one have you chosen ?

Closed Thread