Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Hard Drive Support

User Tag List

Ghost V7.0 - Guide and help

This is a discussion on Ghost V7.0 - Guide and help within the Hard Drive Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I have a 150GB WD Raptor 10000rpm unit for the "C" drive for the operating systems & programmes only. Since

Closed Thread

Old 02-05-2008, 11:01 AM   #1
Registered Member

I have a 150GB WD Raptor 10000rpm unit for the "C" drive for the operating systems & programmes only. Since new this has been very noisy and WD have agreed to replace it under warranty and have already been sent a replacement, this should arrive shortly.

I have Ghost V7.0 that I purchased several years ago, I only used it twice but obviously will need to use this to copy my HD to the new one.

I canít find the instructions although I expect when I get started it will all come back to me. I do have one problem that I would like some help with. Donít ask me how I did it, when I originally formatted this drive (when new two weeks ago) I somehow got it formatted with two partitions. This drive now displays on disc manager as 127.99 GB NTFS & 11.74 GB unallocated. It's not a problem as 127Gb will be more than I shall ever need whilst using this as a system disc (C) only. The 150Gb was the smallest drive I could get with that spec.

With Ghost, I am assuming that it will give me an identical mirror copy, so I will have the same split. Itís not really a problem, but is it possible to rectify my error when copying to the new HD.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-05-2008, 05:57 PM   #2
TSF Enthusiast

My System

Send a message via MSN to linderman

dude >>>>> give up the ghost !

its day has come and past !

you will not need to mess with that unallocated partition

simply clone the "C" drive to the new drive and be done! AND you will have the whole use of the new C drive

you will need to format the new drive when it comes prior to cloning >>>> I think you will find if you use this "XP Disk" it should be quite painless >>>>>> go to the "Win XP single set-up disk" after you complete the partition and format phase; simply abandon the OS install part

BTW: even if you want one big sinlge chunk for your new hard drive / that still requires a partition >>>>> its just a 100% partition
https://freepctech.com/pc/002/files010.shtml

easy as a "Staples Easy Button" <<<<<<< well; Ok almost that easy

https://www.techsupportforum.com/cont...ticles/47.html
Old 02-06-2008, 12:14 AM   #3
Registered Member

Hi linderman - It looks more complicated that Ghost, but I will take your advice and give it a go. Just waiting for delivery of the new hard drive.
I will report back when done. (perhaps before if I run into any problems).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-06-2008, 04:27 AM   #4
TSF Enthusiast

My System

Send a message via MSN to linderman

the outline looks complicated / but once you follow it >>>> and use the program once / you will see its far from difficult!

enjoy

we encounter MANY people requiring assistance after using ghost and very few that need help with xxclone
Old 02-13-2008, 09:32 AM   #5
Registered Member

Hi Linderman, just to confirm replacement hard drive arrived, fitted and as you said all went very well, certainly - It was must better then what I remember when I last used Ghost. Did another copy of C drive from another PC also.

Help/advice much appreciated
Closed Thread