Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Hard Drive Support

User Tag List

Getting files from old IDE HD to new SATA HD (Windows XP & 7)

This is a discussion on Getting files from old IDE HD to new SATA HD (Windows XP & 7) within the Hard Drive Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Recently I got a new computer after the motherboard died in the old one. I opened the new one up

Closed Thread

Old 03-31-2011, 04:31 PM   #1
Registered Member

Recently I got a new computer after the motherboard died in the old one. I opened the new one up earlier today and couldn't find any IDE or molex connectors, which the old HD used. I understand there are USB adapters available, but none of the ones I've looked at seem to support Windows 7. So now I'm kind of out of ideas. I've considered replacing 7 with XP on this computer just so an adapter would work, but I'd rather not if I can help it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-31-2011, 05:32 PM   #2
TSF - Enthusiast

My System

If the new motherboard does not have any IDE slots you can install the old hard drive

in an external enclosure to transfer the files.
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
bad image error and norton 360
Hi, My initial problem was trying to get rid of the "Bad Image" error message that has been popping up on literally every file and folder on my PC (Windows XP). Situation has gone from bad to worse as i installed norton 360 5.0. Now nothing works, unable to connect to the internet, unable to...
royalmc Resolved HJT Threads 25 04-07-2011 07:36 AM
New browser tabs opening and directing to attack sites.
Hi there, I'm not sure how I did this, but I've infected my computer with trojans / malware. I ran updated and ran both AVG and then Malwarebytes and they each found and succesfully cleaned some trojan infections. But they didn't fix everything. When I google something and click on a link, I...
malleusmalefic Inactive Malware Help Topics 10 03-19-2011 04:38 AM
my hotmail is spamming my contacts
DDS (Ver_10-12-12.02) - NTFS_AMD64 Run by bweaver at 22:00:32.59 on Sat 02/12/2011 Internet Explorer: 8.0.7600.16385 BrowserJavaVersion: 1.6.0_23 Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 6.1.7600.0.1252.1.1033.18.8116.5369 AV: Microsoft Security Essentials *Enabled/Updated*...
bweaver8 Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help 5 02-19-2011 06:22 AM
Virus redirecting all of my pages.
My computer is completely screwed! First no sound now this! Almost every time I try to do something on the internet my page is getting redirected to something else! I always have to rush to click the X button to stop the page from loading. But I want a permanent fix! Please help.
TheresMoreToMe Resolved HJT Threads 26 01-26-2011 04:48 PM
Runs slow, cannot acess windows uppdate
My wifes laptop is running really slow. It is not possible to access windows uppdate and sometimes the laptop is unable to play sounds. Possible rootkit infection I think. Would be really thankful for some help to resolve this. Do not have acess to a Windows Install Disc or a Boot CD. DDS...
Marc86 Inactive Malware Help Topics 2 01-25-2011 04:19 AM