Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Generic Driver for 40 MB Hitachi Travelstar HD for XP Pro

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  spunk.funk 
#1 ·
Need to locate a generic Driver for a Hitachi Travelstar 40 MB Hard Drive because i can not restart mi old Hp Pavillion Portable and receives an Error
"STOP 0X0000007B" at start time.....: Confused:

#2 ·
There are no drivers required for any HDD. The Stop Error is a hardware error, possibly the HDD has failed or a RAM stick is bad.
Boot off of the Windows Disc Or download the Recovery Console ISO. Burn it to CD with IMGBurn Boot off of the CD and get to the Recovery Console. Here type chkdsk /R and press enter. The Check Disk utility will try and fix any file errors.
You can also download the ISO image for Seatools or Drive Fitness in my signature and burn the image to a CD using IMGBurn also in my signature and boot off of the newly created CD and run the Quick and Advanced tests on the HDD to test the integrity of the drive.
You can also download the ISO image for Memtest in my signature and burn the image to CD with IMGBurn. And boot off of the newly created CD and run the tests. If there are any errors (Red), the RAM needs to be replaced.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.