Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Hard Drive Support

User Tag List

External Hard Drive not working

This is a discussion on External Hard Drive not working within the Hard Drive Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Dear sir/Madam Unfortunately my External Hard drive fallen down and now it is not working even it is not showing

Closed Thread

Old 03-16-2018, 06:55 AM   #1
Registered Member

Dear sir/Madam

Unfortunately my External Hard drive fallen down and now it is not working even it is not showing in my system.

Please give me solutions how to start my hard drive or recover data from it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-16-2018, 07:47 AM   #2
Windows Tech Team
Hardware Tech Team

Go to start--run--diskmgmt.msc do you see it there ?

Also shutdown the PC, disconnect the drive, restart pc, connect it to a different usb port at the back of the PC and test.

Old 03-16-2018, 12:25 PM   #3
Registered Member

I check at run disk management (it is shown there ' no initializing'), restart system, shutdown also, change port also but nothing happening.

Please help me how to recover my data or how to start same hard drive.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-16-2018, 03:25 PM   #4
TSF Team, Emeritus

My System

Quote:
my External Hard drive fallen down and now it is not working
What is the make and model# of your external HDD?
Chances are that the USB Control inside the enclosure may be failing due to the fall. But the HDD may still be fine.
You can Disassemble the Enclosure and remove the HDD within and attach it to a working desktop computers motherboard as a secondary drive, or attach it via a USB-SATA adapter, Dock or Enclosure with a power adapter.
If the drive doesn't spin up, then it has failed. If it shows in Disk Management as Not Initialized, you can try and recover the files by using the Free TestDisk program. I have had the best luck with GetDataBack. You will need another drive of the same size or larger to restore your files to.

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
External Hard Drive
I have a 2 TB External Hitachi USB 3 Hard Drive. I was transferring 200 GBs of data on my Windows 7 Internal Hard Drive to the External HD. At around the 40gb left mark I forgot that I was transferring files and I accidentally hit the hard drive. I heard an error noise from the hard drive for a...
misterix Hard Drive Support 2 12-22-2014 11:20 PM
My external hard drive stopped working after I plugged it into a Mac
My 750 Gb external hard drive has not been working on my PC since I plugged it into a Mac computer, I need help cause I have all my photos on it for my schools yearbook and I need them pronto! So if I could get some help It would be really appreciated! Please help soon!
Outsidetheeye Hard Drive Support 1 02-03-2013 11:11 PM
Hard drive not working - burnt PCB?
Hi guys, I need your help as I have got a problem with the hard drive. This morning the hard drive was working fine and there was no clicking noise. I was working on the hard drive to get the partition table to restore as it has been corrupted due to raw format. When I ran the test disk, it took...
chris0147 Hard Drive Support 22 07-30-2012 03:38 PM
1TB WD External Hard Drive - Data not accesccible
Hi there, :) I read heaps of stories about external WD Hard Drives showing some kind of error while trying to access it... now I decided to add another story on here because non of the suggested solutions helped with my problem. What happend: I was copying some movies from my computer to the...
Chrizzie Hard Drive Support 4 01-29-2012 02:26 AM
Adding hard disk in system
My pc (XP OS) has 2 internal hardisk 250 GB (all windows file are in this disk) n 1 TB recently i formatted my pc after removing 1 tb disk. Now i want to add this 1 TB harddisk again. It has a lot of data in it. how can i do this without affecting any of my data Kindly help me with this.
gourmand Hard Drive Support 6 06-12-2011 02:06 AM