Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

External hard drive doesn't work

4K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  spunk.funk 
#1 ·
i have the same problem but when i use my External HDD in my LCD TV it works fine but in my laptop not working ( it use to work before i don't know why

#2 ·
Does the HDD have it's own Power Adapter? If so, make sure it is the correct one that came with the drive, and plug it into the Wall Socket not through a Surge Protector or Extension cord as this diminishes the power.
With the drive attached to your laptop go to Start/Search and type devmgt.msc Right click the devmgmt icon and Run As Administrator. In the Elevated Device Manager are there any devices with Yellow flags? Or under Universal Serial Bus Controllers is there an Unknown Device? If so, right click it and Uninstall it. Unplug the USB cable from the computer and restart. When the computer comes back up, plug the USB cable into a different USB port and not through a hub as this diminishes the power. You should get a new hardware wizard.

#3 ·
it has no power adapter it\s new one 1T size speed 2.0 i can see the light blinking and i hear the sound of the laptop when i plug it in but no respond after that even when i try the unstall device it stayed for long time with no respond but as soon as i pluged out popup message says disk format but i can\t do it since it stop every thing when i plug it i even tried to use WD tools no luck too but it still work fine in my LCD tv

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.