Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Hard Drive Support

User Tag List

External Freecom HDD "full"

This is a discussion on External Freecom HDD "full" within the Hard Drive Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I want to copy a complete DVD-iso (5 Gb) to my Freecom HDD (FAT32, 250 Gb, 173 Gb free space).

Closed Thread

Old 04-04-2007, 07:00 AM   #1

Confused

I want to copy a complete DVD-iso (5 Gb) to my Freecom HDD (FAT32, 250 Gb, 173 Gb free space). But then I get the warning that there is not enough free space. When selecting the option to free up space, I do get the menu for my Freecom HDD, so it is not related to the space on my internal HDD.
What's wrong, and how can I fix it?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-04-2007, 07:14 AM   #2
TSF Enthusiast

My System

Send a message via MSN to linderman

you cant copy files larger than 4 gig in size to a fat32 file system thats is simply a limitation of fat32

you can however convert the file system on your external without loss of data to NTFS then you can copy files larger than 4 gig

https://www.aumha.org/win5/a/ntfscvt.php
Old 04-04-2007, 11:01 AM   #3

Ok, so I checked that site, downloaded the program, ran the bootdisk, but than it gives an error about trying to read HD1 (external?). I also tried setting the USB 2.0 compatibility, but then it just freezes.
Do you know any other similar program that you believe to be reliable enough?
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Usb 2.0 trouble again
Hi, i have created a similar post to this, however, things on my pc have changed since then. At the moment, my usb 2.0 drives arnt working correctly, i get the generic message saying "ure usb device can run faster etc" i have freshly installed SP2 and my motherboard is an Asus P4S800MX-SE
steviedee Driver Support 25 12-16-2006 11:37 PM
Possible RAM issuies
I recently added two more sticks of 256mb RAM to my computer, in addition to the two 256mb sticks already there. The first time I started it back up it beeped twice, told me there was a memory error and asked if I wanted to continue. I did, it froze, I restarted and it went fine after, didn't even...
Raktus RAM and Power Supply Support 8 12-11-2006 08:11 PM
2 HDD & now I want 1
I had one WD 80GB IDE HD installed for quite awhile. As you know, it isn't big enough anymore. I bought a Seagate 300GB SATA drive, but kept getting contant reboots while accessing the the new drive. After going through tech support at Seagate, I was told to take the drive back to the store. I...
whammo Hard Drive Support 7 11-05-2006 02:40 PM
Sound is very messed up!
I have a problem with my sound. It isn't sounding right. When I play music, it will only play the some of the music, but not the Voices or smaller things in it. Also when I play games, I will only here somethings not everything that I used to. My drivers are updated and everything. This problem...
RaushanPassa Sound Cards 4 10-11-2006 09:11 PM
Asus K8N-E: System failed due to CPU overclocking
First post to these boards... please be gentle. I have a most unusual problem. First the system specs: Asus K8N-E Deluxe AMD Athlon 64 3200+ 1024MB Geil Golden Dragon RAM Maxtor 80GB SATA ATI Radeon 9800 Pro 256 Soundblaster Live Gamer (old...)
Tiresias Motherboards, Bios|UEFI & CPU 8 11-19-2004 07:45 PM