Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Hard Drive Support

User Tag List

Ex. Hard drive still working when pc is closed

This is a discussion on Ex. Hard drive still working when pc is closed within the Hard Drive Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hello all, i have one Transcend hard drive for about a year now and suddenly i realized something odd (

Closed Thread

Old 11-16-2011, 08:16 AM   #1
Registered Member

Hello all,

i have one Transcend hard drive for about a year now and suddenly i realized something odd ( i dont remember it doing that before but i cant be sure). Every time o turn my pc off (still plugged in) the hard drive keeps working (its lights are on and i can feel it spinning inside) for about 10-15 secs after. Also, if i unplug and plug the usb of my hard drive while the pc is closed..it will start working (lights and vibrating).
I have tried a WD hard drive and it doesnt happen there, but i havent tried other Transcend hard drives or the same hard drive on a different pc. I will get to those soon but i wanted your opinion on this.
Thanks!

"if you want to look at my specs check this thread and my 3 posts in it"
https://www.techsupportforum.com/foru...pc-555618.html
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-18-2011, 08:07 AM   #2
TSF - Enthusiast

OS: Windows 8 Ent, Server 2012, 2012R2, Server 2008 R2 Stnd,

My System

Some USB devices tend to do that for example my phone, even though my computer is turned off it will still charge through the USB cord plugged into the computer

I will check on the user manual

For WD, even the drives that are powered through regular wall outlets will go to a sleep mode per say if the USB cable is disconnected but power is plugged in.
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Dell Inspiron 600m No Boot Device Primary Hard Drive: None
Dell Inspiron 600m: No Boot Device. I'm a computer technician and this is one of my patients. I have manually removed the Bios Password and have unlocked the hard drive password. The problem is the hard drive won't boot. I removed and reseat the hard drive and it's still not booting/detected. I...
jakemcclear Laptop Support 16 10-19-2011 09:48 AM
Hard drive crash situation. Help greatly appreciated!
Hello, I am making this post in hope that I get help with this frustrating situation with my crashed hard drive. The situation is that my laptops hard drive had crashed about 2 weeks ago. I already bought myself a new hard drive and the laptop is up and running, the thing is that I am trying...
webster7 Hard Drive Support 11 08-05-2011 08:35 AM
slow hard drive
Hey everyone, im new here and i was wondering if anyone knows how to fix slow hard drives or has any tips on it... My 1 tb(biggest hard drive i have) went slow all of sudden, i cant even load css with it anymore... Happened 2 days ago... been trying to fix it.. i did like 10 maleware and spyware...
gamemann Hard Drive Support 24 07-17-2011 10:33 AM
Cloning Hard Drive
Here is the scenario I would like to solve: I currently have an older hard drive that is used on my previous pc. I have purchased an upgraded pc (same brand) and would now like to use the older pc's hard drive as backup storage on the new pc. Before reformatting and placing it into the new pc,...
rogers family Hard Drive Support 1 05-26-2011 11:13 AM
How to copy your operating system from one drive to another.
Please do not post in this thread. I am rewriting an article. thanks. How to copy your operating system from one hard drive to another Published by JohnthePilot 11-28-2006 How to copy your operating system from one hard drive to another ________________________________________ How to...
JohnthePilot Dead-Sea Scrolls 2 03-05-2007 11:47 PM