Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Error "Reboot and select proper boot device error" occured unexpectedly.

2K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  ReelEstate 
#1 ·
Hi, so my story in short was that I was surfing the web on my computer and my computer freezes and starts replaying my music continuously. This is completely random and has never happened. I decided it to be best to turn it off because it was very loud and annoying and now whenever I boot up my laptop I notice the change in sound and how it ticks. Then the boot screen comes up and after that this "Reboot and select proper boot device" comes up.

I have gone into BIOS and have found out that it is not registering my HDD. I did a little research before posting about this problem but it seems as if this random event is a unique occurrence. I plan on taking out the HDD and reinserting it.

I'm not too keen on how to understand a few things but I can make my way around BIOS, obviously.

I have a Samsung NP-SF511-S02IN running Windows 7 and it is only about 5 months old. :sad:

Any advice or possible causes to this would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

#2 ·
Re: Error "Reboot and select proper boot device error" occured unexpectedly.

Test the hard drive with the drive manufacturer's diagnostic software for DOS. The links are here: Hard Drive Diagnostics Tools and Utilities (Storage) - TACKtech Corp.

Although your PC is only 5 months old, even brand new hard drives have been known to be faulty even before they've been used.

The DOS diagnostic software is an ISO bootable-CD image file from which you must make a CD, and you can do that with IMGBurn from here: Download ImgBurn 2.5.6.0 - FileHippo.com

When you've made the CD, boot your PC from it to test the hard drive.

#3 ·

Well, I am unsure of what just occurred when I had put that disc in. I recall it saying that my HDD is undecteded and then it brings me to the "Samsung HDD Utility".

It also says "Can't open CD driver CD001. SHSUCDX can't install.

your ram drive is loaded at C:
Out of memory error.
Bad command or filename.

Oh, dear...

#4 ·

Could I essentially install a new OS such as Ubnutu or Linux and recover my files after and make my laptop working again? Since my hard drive crash or just isn't being recognized for whatever reason I can not figure out!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.