Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Hard Drive Support

User Tag List

Downloaded Videos Stuttering

This is a discussion on Downloaded Videos Stuttering within the Hard Drive Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I'm assuming this is a hard drive issue, but as of a few days ago whenever I watch a downloaded

Closed Thread

Old 05-31-2011, 10:30 PM   #1
Registered Member

I'm assuming this is a hard drive issue, but as of a few days ago whenever I watch a downloaded video, it starts to stutter repeatedly a few minutes into it. This doesn't happen for online streamed videos, though. The odd thing is, if I have a process running, say: HD Tune Pro doing a scan, the videos running perfectly smooth until that scan stops (any process for any program would do, I'm just giving an example) and the stuttering continues. I suppose it's a quick fix, but I can't imagine what could be wrong with it.

It's a laptop, will post the specs when I look at it tomorrow.
Thanks for any replies in advance!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-02-2011, 07:21 PM   #2
TSF Enthusiast

My System

Can you do a System Restore, since this started recently?
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Internet Videos Lag after a month of not
Hello. I have a fairly oldish computer, a Dell Dimension 3000. It never really could play videos, but if I let youtube or other sites load completely they would play. Last month I decided it was time to clean out all of the dust bunnies from the tower and cleaned out the fans as well. To my...
Dredsen Windows XP Support 14 05-12-2011 04:11 PM
Computer infected with malware;possibly a virus.
I performed a scan with Avira. It located two things: EXP/Javi.B and TR/Trash.Gen I also performed a Malwarebytes scan.It found Trojan.Hiloti The malware disabled my entire computer sound system. It takes literally 5 minutes to launch either of my browsers.I have IE8 & Firefox. The only way I...
fanny1234 Inactive Malware Help Topics 34 05-07-2011 07:49 PM
Videos and Adobe FlashPlayer
Hello, Recently, suddenly when I would go to my YouTube Channel, the videos I was trying to watch would pause very frequently, to the point where I could barely watch them. Then I tried uninstalling and re-installing the Adobe Flash Player, and also Adobe Air. I wasnt sure if Adobe Air had...
claudiathompson Windows XP Support 42 04-16-2011 01:38 AM
[SOLVED] URGENT: Cant play Videos AT ALL
okay so about 2 weeks ago my laptop stopped playing videos all together. That includes both ALL internet videos of any kind and offline videos like dvds. I updated by video card thinking that would help, but still cant play videos. I have all the basics like updated flash, shockwave, java, and...
cfitzgerald1291 Video Card Support 6 03-23-2011 07:04 PM
Getting digital videos on my computer onto discs?
Hi I hope someone can help me. I'm pretty backward when it comes to technology. I do know I have Windows XP- the computer we bought in '05. I do know that I do not have a DVD-Rom drive. I have a Kodak digital camera, with which I use for my home videos of my kids, including their births, first...
freestargirl Windows XP Support 5 01-09-2011 06:57 PM