Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Hard Drive Support

User Tag List

dont have a keyboard

This is a discussion on dont have a keyboard within the Hard Drive Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. i have 2 pc's jjoined via kvs setup.. one of them has no keyboard and have t use the onscreen

Closed Thread

Old 11-26-2014, 03:00 PM   #1
Registered Member

i have 2 pc's jjoined via kvs setup.. one of them has no keyboard and have t use the onscreen kbd; it doesnt even show kbd in device manager... i dont think i have any more win7 codes left.

please help
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-27-2014, 12:33 AM   #2
Registered Member

My System

Why do you need Win7 codes?
Follow these guidelines KVS Setup - RPOWERWiki :
Old 11-27-2014, 05:10 AM   #3
Registered Member

WHOOPS.......I MEANT KVM NOT KVS.........SORRY
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-27-2014, 06:40 AM   #4
Administrator
Team Manager, Gaming
Team Manager, Microsoft Support
Team Manager, Hardware Team
Microsoft MVP

Does a it work if you plug a KB into a USB port?
Old 11-27-2014, 01:41 PM   #5
Registered Member

My System

A KVM switch should uses only one keyboard, mouse and monitor for all of the computers connected into it. That's what they are designed for. So you can switch between computers using the same keyboard, mouse and monitor. Does your switch use PS/2 Keyboard or USB. What is the make and model# of the KVM Switch. Did you set it up correctly?
Old 12-01-2014, 04:25 PM   #6
Networking Team |Tech

Hi usaf_net,

When you get a chance, please tell us the brand/model of the KVM switch that you're using. Yes, only one keyboard and mouse needs to be connected to the keyboard and you would need to press a keyboard key (e.g. DELETE) to toggle between computers.

I have worked with various KVM switches before and one key on the keyboard that i've used to toggle between computers is DELETE.

Hope everything works out well for you and feel free to ask more questions.
Old 12-01-2014, 04:47 PM   #7
Registered Member

My System

We need to know the make and model# of the KVM switch. Some models, as DBCooper suggested, use a key or combo to toggle between computers. Others have a button on top of the switch box to toggle between computers. I have had both, but use one now that has a button on the box to switch between computers.
Closed Thread