Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Hard Drive Support

User Tag List

Disk space randomly completely full

This is a discussion on Disk space randomly completely full within the Hard Drive Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hi there! I updated Destiny 2 when I had over a TB of free space on my hdd and ssd

Closed Thread

Old 12-05-2017, 04:38 PM   #1
Registered Member

Hi there!
I updated Destiny 2 when I had over a TB of free space on my hdd and ssd combined. After the update a notification popped up and it showed both my disks were full as seen here. I've checked both drives and the files and folders in them won't even come close to being full. My D: drive only has a couple of folders and all files sit around 5gb together. I've tried all easy fixes like defragmenting and all that kind of stuff. Does anyone know what this bug/problem is and how to fix it? Any help will be greatly appriciated <3
Have a nice day!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-05-2017, 06:06 PM   #2
TSF Team, Emeritus

My System

Download and Run Space Sniffer on the drives. This will show you what is taking up all of the space.
it may be Hidden Files like System Volume Information, which is the System Restore files. You can limit the amount of space System Restore takes up. https://techjourney.net/change-set-w...-explorer-gui/

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Minecraft java crash help please
A fatal error has been detected by the Java Runtime Environment: # # EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION (0xc0000005) at pc=0x00007ffeae53c473, pid=1356, tid=1376 # # JRE version: Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (8.0_25-b18) (build 1.8.0_25-b18) # Java VM: Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (25.25-b02...
Blueninja101 PC Gaming Support 11 12-25-2014 06:48 PM
BSOD 0x119 - Watchdog.sys
I recently got a BSOD with bugcheck code 0x119 VIDEO_SCHEDULER_INTERNAL_ERROR during Borderlands 2. BlueScreenView pointed to "watchdog.sys" as the faulty driver. (Attached Dump) I have been getting intermittent freezes (with sound still going in the background) during certain games (NFS Rivals,...
Baasha BSOD, App Crashes And Hangs 4 01-05-2014 01:59 PM
My Hard disk can never run out of space?
This is really weird. So I have a 1TB HDD which in reality only has 931GB of space (I know why that is the case, lol, different story) Until yesterday, I had occupied some 929.7 or 929.8 GB of it, so that My Computer only showed about 1.2 GB of space remaining. Now I know a lot of people...
Sir Arun Hard Drive Support 1 03-16-2013 11:48 PM
FIFA 13 E0001 Error
I got FIFA 13 for PC today and I installed it completely but when I run the game, it crashes and I get an E0001 error message. My PC specs are in the DxDiag report below: ------------------ System Information ------------------ Time of this report: 12/29/2012, 20:54:10 Machine name: A...
Akshay Dwivedi PC Gaming Support 5 12-30-2012 02:22 PM