Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Hard Drive Support

User Tag List

disk part mistake clean on seagate HDD

This is a discussion on disk part mistake clean on seagate HDD within the Hard Drive Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hi everyone, I am using a 64 bit computer with windows 7 ultimate. yesterday as an attempt to create bootable

Closed Thread

Old 09-05-2012, 09:04 PM   #1
Registered Member

Angry

Hi everyone,
I am using a 64 bit computer with windows 7 ultimate.
yesterday as an attempt to create bootable windows 7 usb installation disk, I have wrongly given command of clean to my 1tb seagate externale hard drive instead of 4 gb scandisk.
Untill i have realized that i had done mistake i have also given command of create partition parimary 1.
now my seagate 1 tb HDD shows 1 partition which primary with RAW file system.
before this my HDD was not partitioned and I suppose there may be NTFS or FAT file system as I was using that HDD as storage device.
Is there any way to undo the diskpart commands and retrive the filesystem present on my HDD before disk part commands.
Please help as the HDD contains my personnel files which are very important to me. I cant affoed to lose them.

Please help any one.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-06-2012, 12:29 AM   #2
Registered Member

My System

Quote:
my HDD was not partitioned and I suppose there may be NTFS or FAT file system as I was using that HDD as storage device.
A HDD is in a RAW state, when it comes out of a box, unless it is in an enclosure. You must Partition it, format it FAT32 or NTFS before you can save files to it. So, your HDD was most definitely Partitioned or else it could not have been formatted or stored files on it.
You cannot reverse the Gparted commands, but you can try and recover your files. You can use the totally free Test Disk or Easeus Data Recovery, I have had best luck with GetDataBack NTFS you will need another drive of the same size or larger to restore your files to.
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Google Redirecting Virus (reposting after 2 weeks)
So when i ever i click on a link from a google search i am redirected to a new website. I haven't recently downloaded anything that i think maybe the cause. My computer is just an old hp running xp with 768mb ram. The problem happens in all browsers but the ones i use most are Firefox and...
blackbrawler Inactive Malware Help Topics 23 03-20-2011 07:12 PM
Browser Redirect Issue
I have been having an issue with both IE and Firefox redirecting Google search results a majority of the time. I had done a scan with Spybot Search & Destroy prior to posting here and "Fraud.WindowsProtectionSuite" (15 entries) and "Microsoft.Windows.RedirectedHosts" (3 entries) were the only...
bob2881 Resolved HJT Threads 21 02-21-2011 06:48 PM
Please check my post for bob2881 [resolved]
Link to thread. I have been having an issue with both IE and Firefox redirecting Google search results a majority of the time. I had done a scan with Spybot Search & Destroy prior to posting here and "Fraud.WindowsProtectionSuite" (15 entries) and "Microsoft.Windows.RedirectedHosts" (3...
Skiingguru1611 Resolved Back Me Up Threads 32 02-21-2011 06:41 PM
Windows 7 BSOD - Memory management
Been getting BSOD. Sometimes twice a night, sometimes none. This hass been for weeks. Sometimes I get stuck in a reboot loop, sometimes it wants to run Repair, sometimes it wants me to choose safe mode/no safe mode. Pulled out two 1GB sticks of old dell memory yesterday when it was stuck in a...
dj-anakin BSOD, App Crashes And Hangs 7 02-21-2011 03:27 PM
Slow transfer between my PC 3.0 ports and HDD USB 3.0
Hey everyone! I recently bought a Lacie RiKiki usb 3.0 external hdd. My computer is a Sony Vaio VPCF13S0E with two USB 3.0 ports. Spec: Processor System bus
KrimoSweden Hard Drive Support 0 01-19-2011 12:15 PM