Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Data recovery software

919 views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  GraemeI 
#1 ·
Hello,

Hopefully the right area for the question, didn't see a data recovery subforum.

Doing a bit of work for someone on a laptop that was running windows XP, something went wrong and they decided to re-install the o/s with the manufacturer disk and now i'm left with the fun task of recovering data.

I've been using Easeus recovery wizard and Ontrack Pro. Both recover a lot of data, however a lot of picture files are badly damaged and i'm struggling to get them back. Does anyone have any recommendations for other software or anyone had a similar experience with either of the above wares with more positive results?

TIA and apologies if this is in the wrong bit.

Cheers
Graeme

#6 ·
I'd recommend you to use R-Undelete. It uses the same data recovery engine as R-Studio does, but its interface is more friendly to not-very-much-experienced users. And what is more important, it can be installed to an external USB disk rather than on a system disk, which avoid large data writing and possible overwriting of the files to be recovered. You may download and make the installation on another computer. And, of course, it has a demo mode to see if it worth buying.

#7 ·
Cheers for the responses guys, tried Easeus most recent version on every restore option available and all return with the same broken picture files, mainly .jpg so may try the Stellar phoenix as i've used that for fixing .psts successfully.

Tried R-studio and getdataback as well with the same results, so will try some repair work on the files and see how it goes.

Cheers again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.