Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Hard Drive Support

User Tag List

Creating Bootable Media with backups

This is a discussion on Creating Bootable Media with backups within the Hard Drive Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hi, I have a 1TB Western Digital Elements external HDD, which has backups made with Acronis True Image 2012 stored

Closed Thread

Old 03-18-2012, 04:07 AM   #1
Registered Member

Hi,

I have a 1TB Western Digital Elements external HDD, which has backups made with Acronis True Image 2012 stored on it. I'm looking to create a bootable media drive using the same software, so I'm wondering: is it possible to 'set' that same external hard drive as the bootable media, and be able to keep the backups on it? (I've only just read that this should be done before installation, so I'm assuming I'll have to borrow a second drive (which isn't a problem), but just wanted to confirm).

Regards,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-18-2012, 05:01 AM   #2
TSF Enthusiast

For the bootable disc you can use CD or possibly a thumb drive. I've never tried to do it with an external hard drive but I would imagine it would need to be blank before doing it if it were possible.
Old 03-18-2012, 05:44 AM   #3
Registered Member

Cool, I think I'll just go with a CD. Thanks for the info :).
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
[SOLVED] Windows Media Player (Vista)
I have finally successfully setup Creative D200 bluetooth speaker (extremely complicated and time consuming!). All IE sound works but music via windows media player does not. Must be a setting in Media Player. I do NOT want to mess with all the other settings I've had to fiddle with. ...
stumpedagain Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support 6 03-18-2012 11:10 PM
SATA to eSATA enclosure possible with this external drive?
Hi guys, I have an old external hard drive. I have stopped using it because of a socket connection problem. However it can easily be solved by just changing the enclosure. This is the specs for my external hard drive, according to Firmware Search SEAGATE ST9320320AS 320.0GB Hard Drive...
venn Hard Drive Support 2 03-18-2012 07:36 PM
Help with DNS and network setup please
Hi, All of a sudden I am having getting to the internet... Win7Pro. DNS I am connected to the web via cable and it all worked fine for years with the ISP Modem which only had WAN out which I plugged into the WAN port of my Billion 6404VGP. Everything is Wired, no wireless here. I have 3...
ozstar Networking Support 1 03-18-2012 09:22 AM
Problems with 1TB Western Digital Hard Drive
Hello: I have a 1 TB Western Digital Hard Drive - My Book Office Edition. I have the WD Anywhere Backup software installed that automatically keeps your files backed up to the external hard drive. My problem is that after I owned the hard drive for for about a year and it had been regularly...
RealEstateGuy Hard Drive Support 3 03-18-2012 06:33 AM
hp dv7 issues with gifs, animations, and videos
hey guys Pretty much what it says on the tin. When I try to play videos (netflix, youtube etc), watch animations, and even load gifs on tumblr or something, my entire system slows down to a crawl. Sometimes it fixes itself when I restart, but other times it'll be borked from the get-go. here...
joystealer Laptop Support 0 03-18-2012 12:24 AM