Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Hard Drive Support

User Tag List

Confuse about my hd

This is a discussion on Confuse about my hd within the Hard Drive Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I seem to be confuse on what kind of hard drive I have. I know it's a Serial ATA 150

Closed Thread

Old 01-02-2006, 11:34 AM   #1

I seem to be confuse on what kind of hard drive I have. I know it's a Serial ATA 150 but is that a SCSI or IDE?

That is all, thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-02-2006, 12:48 PM   #2
TSF Team, Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero369
I seem to be confuse on what kind of hard drive I have. I know it's a Serial ATA 150 but is that a SCSI or IDE?

That is all, thanks.
There are many types of drives. Yours is not an IDE or SCSI drive, but is a Serial ATA or a SATA (commonly called) drive.
Old 01-02-2006, 02:41 PM   #3

oh wow i didn't know that i thought the only types of drives you can get was SCSI or IDE.

Thanks Tumbleweed36.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-02-2006, 03:13 PM   #4
TSF Team, Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero369
oh wow i didn't know that i thought the only types of drives you can get was SCSI or IDE.

Thanks Tumbleweed36.
Hi again,

We have talked about the hard drives with IDE, SCSI, and SATA. Others although not hard drives are, Iomega drives, Floppy Drives, CD Drives, Zip Drives, USB Drives, CD/RW drives, DVD/RW drives, ........and multiple variations of all these.

However, what I wanted to point out (that is why I replied) is that your Sata is in my opinion is one of the best hard drive options for your computer. Have a great evening.
Closed Thread