Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Hard Drive Support

User Tag List

Cloning HDD with OS partition & recovery partition

This is a discussion on Cloning HDD with OS partition & recovery partition within the Hard Drive Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hey guys I want to upgrade my gf's computer by putting in a new hdd that is double the size

Closed Thread

Old 05-16-2010, 08:59 PM   #1
Registered Member

Hey guys I want to upgrade my gf's computer by putting in a new hdd that is double the size of her current hdd. She has a dell which has two partitions, one which is where the os is located and the other one has a recovery partition which is activated when I press ctrl+f11 at boot up. The recovery partition is a ghost software just for further information. I read something on this thread https://www.techsupportforum.com/hard...partition.html . I plan to use drive image xml to do the clones. What I plan to do is to clone each partition one at a time and than restore it on the new hdd which would have the same C: partion for the OS the D: for the recovery partition. The question that I have is if when I complete the restoring of both the partitions, will I be able to activate the recovery partition just by pressing ctrl+f11 as I did with the original hdd? The reason that I am asking is because pressing ctrl+f11 is the only way to use the recovery partition when it is needed. Thank you. I also posted this question on the xp part of the site because I did not know where to post it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread