Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Check cable connection.. ! PXE-M0F: Exiting Intel PXE ROM Boot Error

189K views 17 replies 4 participants last post by  mickery 
#1 ·
One day i was sitting at home playing on my toshiba laptop, windows 7, and the screen went blue said something but didnt get a glimse and then it said
Check cable connection.. ! PXE-M0F: Exiting Intel PXE ROM Boot Error
on a black screen, what happened? D=

#2 ·
Remove the Power adapter and battery

Remove the hard drive and re-insert back into the slot making sure seated properly.

Boot into BIOS and check the boot options.

Usually you get the error message when the hard drive is not detected in the boot options and the system attempt to boot to the NIC.

#18 ·
I am bumping because this solution worked perfectly in December 2014 for a Dell laptop w/ a nicely burned in Scorpio HDD.:grin: I pasted the boot error message into my Net search box and this was the top return. Thx, makinu1der, for taking the time to rescue a puzzled old timer!

#3 ·
I did the first two and now its saying the exact same thing, but on top of the original message it says
Nobootable device -- insert boot disk and press any key
does this mean my harddrive is corrupted and ill need the windows 7 disc to reformat?

#5 ·
at first it would randomly work and i could access my desktop and everything and then eventually it went bak to the black screen, but now after i pulled the harddrive and put it bak in, it starts up then just is black screen period, sits like that for awhile then eventually brings up the same error cable connection problem.. =[

#13 ·
Did this come with Win 7 pre-installed?
If it did there is a recovery partition on the hard drive, there is also a program on the start menu called "recovery disk creator" which you should have used to create your own set of recovery DVD's.
First you need to test the hard drive, if it is still good then use the recovery system to reinstall Win7, if the hard drive has in fact failed then you can borrow a legitimate win 7 disk(same version you have) from a friend and use the key on the bottom, or contact Toshiba support for replacement recovery media usually about $25.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.