Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

can't see the remaining unallocated space of external hard drive

3K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  dejayv 
#1 ·
Need help. I have a 1tb Hitachi External Drive. Its original file system is FAT32. I decided to format it using guiformat. There's no problem at start but after I used a few gigs of space in it I can't put files in it anymore saying it has an I/O device error. So I formatted it again using Minitool Partition Wizard making it a NTFS. I have no idea what happened but now only 13gig of it appeared. I can't see the remaining unallocated space in disk management. Just the 13gig partition. Wondering where the remaining gigs had gone. I appreciate any help from you guys.

#2 ·
As it's not a system drive, why didn't you use the formatting tool built-in to Windows 7 disk management? Right-click the existing 13Gb partition ribbon and choose Delete Partition. Now right-click the same ribbon (which should now all be unallocated space) and choose Create Partition.

#4 ·
Thanks for the reply guys but I already done what you've said. I deleted the 13gb partition and the unallocated space is still 13gb. I can't see where is the rest of that 1tb. Creating new partition to that unallocated space still gives me that 13gb.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.