Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Hard Drive Support

User Tag List

can't get OS on to Raid0 set up "It's making me go crazy"

This is a discussion on can't get OS on to Raid0 set up "It's making me go crazy" within the Hard Drive Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Heeeelllppp "please" Specs: Asus P5GD2 Premium MB WD Raptors 74GB x 2 P4 3.6 MHz 800 FSB OK here's the

Closed Thread

Old 12-05-2004, 02:40 PM   #1

Heeeelllppp "please"

Specs:
Asus P5GD2 Premium MB
WD Raptors 74GB x 2
P4 3.6 MHz 800 FSB

OK here's the problem.
I canít get the XP pro to install on my Raptors in a Raid 0 setup, but did get the OS to install on the Raptors when hooked up to another Asus older MB.

This is as far as I get:
I first go in to the raid set up press F4 when posting up
I formatted the drives there, then set the Raid 0 set up there with 8MB strip size, then exit raid setup.
Reboot in to Bios, set the boot to raid 0 set to first boot.
Save settings then exit
Put XP disk in + have the floppy in hand with the Silicon Image drivers" 3114 raid"
Boots from CD goes to set up then says press F6 for Raid drive install, I press F6

Then I go to the Raid driver install section, I install the raid driver OK BUT this is the strange bit if I donít install the Intel Raid driver as well then it will not continue with set up I get the error screen saying

A problem has been detected and Windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.
If this is your 1st time you've seen this stop error screen, restart PC. If this screen appears again, follow these steps:

Check for virus on your PC, Remove any newly installed hard drives or hard wear controllers. Check youíre hard to make sure it's properly configured and terminated.
Run CHKDSK /F to check for hard drive corruption and then restart pc.

Tech Info
Stop: 0X 0000007B (0XF7C7E63C, 0XC0000034, 0X0000000, 0X00000000

But I'm using the Silicon Image Sata raid terminals not the Intel controller ones as I have that set to the defaulted IDE setting.

But when I also install the Intel raid driver I get the installing files page, then I get the set up a partition section, I set up the partition as C: 140GB
Go's to a format section
Completes format
Instructed to remove floppy then restarts PC when I press enter.
BUT now it just goes through the same process...... just as the same before.. Doesn't complete install... I carry on through the whole proccess untill the partition section now the original partition is still there. So at this point I'm stuck!!!!

How can I get this OS on to my Raid set up
I had the other Asus P5gd2 Deluxe board before this one But that also had the same problem as my current board.. What am I doing wrong???

Thanks

Carl
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-06-2004, 07:41 AM   #2

You are doing nothing wrong. It sounds as if you have one of the following problems:
1 You have a virus on the HD or floppy disk.
2 The driver is corrupt on the floppy disk.
3 The Install CD bad.

What you may want to do if you have a virus on you HD is to downlaod the manufactures DOS disk utility program and zero fill the drive. You may want to recreate a new drivers disk with the SATA RAID driver. Also try a different Install CD.

https://support.microsoft.com/default...b;en-us;324103
Closed Thread