Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Hard Drive Support

User Tag List

Cant connect HardDrive

This is a discussion on Cant connect HardDrive within the Hard Drive Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hi. I want to connect another harddrive to my computer, but when IM trying to connect it with Sata and

Closed Thread

Old 09-24-2011, 03:50 AM   #1
Registered Member

Hi.
I want to connect another harddrive to my computer, but when IM trying to connect it with Sata and the electric cable, the monitor doesn't show anything... Nut when I am unplugging it from the electrics, the computer booting normally.

I don't know if or nessecary, but Because I have just two cables that can connect to the hard drive and one is already taken with my primary hard drive, I took it from the DVD drive.

Thank you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-24-2011, 03:56 AM   #2
TSF - Enthusiast

My System

Post the make/model of the PC.

If I understand correctly, You disconnected the DVD drive and connected a second hard drive?

Is this a known good drive?
Old 09-24-2011, 04:06 AM   #3
Registered Member

If you meant to ask about the hard drive so it's an Hitachi hard drive.
And about your understanding, you got it right...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-24-2011, 08:05 AM   #4
TSF - Enthusiast

My System

Was trying to determine what motherboard was being used (the reason for asking for system specs)

With the second drive attached do you get the BIOS logo? Can you enter System Setup menu?
Old 09-25-2011, 02:51 AM   #5
Registered Member

No, if I connecting like I said, the monitor doesnt even shows the "Asus" logo...
Old 09-25-2011, 07:18 AM   #6
TSF - Enthusiast

My System

With just the added (second) hard drive installed does the system display an image?

You should get an error message?

It appears that there may be a problem with the problem with the hard drive.
Old 09-26-2011, 09:58 AM   #7
Registered Member

I don't understand what do you mean...
Try to explain what to do?
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
PC Unable to connect to Internet
Hi Guys I've had a problem with my PC for a while now, it will not connect to the internet and I cant see any reason why not. Simply what happens when I attempt to connect to the wireless network (Home network). I'll click 'Connect', it will start attempting to connect, it will keep...
Nearney Modems/Cable/DSL/Satellite 5 06-26-2011 02:12 PM
Switch from SATA to PATA harddrive problems.
hey guys, so i guess ill start from the beginning trying to give all the details i can. about a year and a half ago in my pc my WD400 40 gig PATA/IDE harddrive died and i upgraded to a WD 500 gig SATA harddrive, no issues. Last week i got my new computer and added that WD 500 gig SATA harddrive...
Corso Hard Drive Support 3 05-26-2011 03:31 PM
[SOLVED] Win7 HP Laptop wont connect to Belkin FSD8235 - 4
Hi All For some reason my laptop has stopped connecting to my wireless network. It shows up as available with Excellent signal. I know the password is correct and that hasnt changed but now when i right click and connect it INSTANTLY says "Windows cannot connect to Area51" before it even seems...
toms88 Networking Support 24 05-15-2011 08:47 AM
Laptop won't wirelessly connect to a specific network
Wondering if anyone has any suggestions for this problem. I was trying to configure a friend's router, but their laptop wouldn't connect wirelessly. Initially, I couldn't connect via ethernet cable either, but I went into the settings and set it to obtain an IP address automatically. After that, I...
IcarusFallen Networking Support 2 05-11-2011 10:25 PM
Why won't my laptop connect to my network/internet
My computer won't connect to my network. I goto my list of wireless networks, chose my home network and press connect. Then a prompt comes up and says " Windows is unable to connect to the selected network. The network may no longer be in range. Please refresh the list of available networks, and...
BBradshaw Laptop Support 1 01-29-2011 02:28 AM