Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Hard Drive Support

User Tag List

Cannot install drivers of my Western Digtal HDD

This is a discussion on Cannot install drivers of my Western Digtal HDD within the Hard Drive Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. hello at all, I m new here and i want to say that my english is not very good. i

Closed Thread

Old 07-24-2007, 07:44 AM   #1

hello at all,

I m new here and i want to say that my english is not very good.

i tried to ask some members of different forums to help me in my mother language (german), but i was not able to get some good advices :-( .

My Story

I buyed a Dell Dimension 8300 Computer in ebay. The Seller was very nice and i think that he isnt a cheater. he means that he is not a computer freak but also that he doesnt have problems while installing windows xp.

The Problems:

I installed Windows XP, unfortunatly without installing the SCSI drivers.

The installing process was without any complications, but when i tried to boot windows, the computer starts again and there comes the screen "an error occured".

so i finally formate again the whole system .

by pressing f6 i wanted to load the drivers for the scsi controller. so win xp recognized the drivers, without problems.

but when i starts to copy the files for the installation , there comes the following error: "could not load fasttx2.sys".

i used the orginial driver floppy disk. without succes.

then i load the drivers from the internet homepage, without succes.

i am really desperate - please help me !!!

PS:

If its important:

The HDDs are two Western Digital WD1200JD and the controller is a Promise FastTrak Serial ATA Raid Controller !
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-24-2007, 10:04 AM   #2
TSF Enthusiast

Are you setting up the harddrives for a raid array? Are your harddrives
ide or sata?
Old 07-24-2007, 10:47 AM   #3
TSF Team, Emeritus

From what I see, these are Sata drives and not SCSI drives just to clarify the situation a little. Correct me if I missed it on that one, because I think they are Sata.

We do need as Manic has mentioned (darn, he is good, isn't he?) to know if you are trying to set up raid. If you are, then you need to build the Raid Array first before you get too far into putting an OS on this baby.

Post back with questions/concerns/answers.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-24-2007, 05:29 PM   #4

as a note, my machine (xp) lists my fasttrack controller under SCSI and RAID controllers in the device manager...of course the drives are IDE and when expanded this section of the device manager lists the device as an IDE controller..

the point being I'm sure the error report JohnnyQ2 lists is accurate as that is apparently the way Windows terms this device....
Closed Thread