Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Hard Drive Support

User Tag List

C: Drive Problem

This is a discussion on C: Drive Problem within the Hard Drive Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I have a Dell Inspiron 30 mg harddrive partitioned into C: and D: My C: is showing a red bar.

Closed Thread

Old 06-05-2011, 06:33 PM   #1
Registered Member

I have a Dell Inspiron 30 mg harddrive partitioned into C: and D:
My C: is showing a red bar. I don't do any fancy computing...Pictures, Videos, FACEBOOK, Farmville, email...

I looked at my files and I don't know what I can and cannot remove. Please advice...

Carlene Troyer
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-05-2011, 06:40 PM   #2
TSF - Enthusiast

My System

Have you done a disk cleanup? Open your My Computer, right click the c drive and select properties. You'll see a Disk Cleanup tab on the right just below the middle of the window. Click on that and when it finishes running you'll see a window pop up with files that can be check marked and cleaned up.
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
WD 1TB External Hard Drive issues when booting (new problem i think)
Hey guys, first time poster here, so hello to all! So I have a WD 1 terabyte external hard drive, it is the Elements Portable for reference. On one of my laptops, the drive is stopping the computer from booting BUT only if I RESTART the computer. If I shut down the computer and power it on...
bellyfrog Hard Drive Support 5 05-21-2011 02:31 PM
Ps3 Hard drive problem
Im sorry if this is the wrong fourm I wasn't sure whether to put this in gaming or in Hard drive but it is also Pc related. So what happend was my Ps3 started giving me an error on reboot (cannot start, correct hard disk not found) Reseting fixed it the first time however it became more frequent...
xGamerx Hard Drive Support 1 05-17-2011 08:08 PM
Bootable Thumb Drive, XP Pro Problem.
I have a laptop with the hard drive no longer working in it. So I wanted to install XP Pro to a 32GB USB drive and run it off that. But I can find nothing on how to do this. I have tried USB_Multiboot10, And Followed the instructions. But when I get to the last part of actually INSTALLING to a...
LawlCakes Windows XP Support 4 04-02-2011 04:35 PM
[SOLVED] Hard Drive Problem?
Hi Everyone, I Have a laptop which is not working as it should be, The symptoms range from freezing on start up, to failing to boot all together and many problems in between. I am not sure what could be the problem but im confident it is not a software problem (Multiple reinstalls / recoveries of...
bwsealirl Hard Drive Support 8 03-26-2011 01:08 PM
How to copy your operating system from one drive to another.
Please do not post in this thread. I am rewriting an article. thanks. How to copy your operating system from one hard drive to another Published by JohnthePilot 11-28-2006 How to copy your operating system from one hard drive to another ________________________________________ How to...
JohnthePilot Dead-Sea Scrolls 2 03-05-2007 11:47 PM