Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

by mistake formated as ntfs my external 1tb hard drive by using diskpart command

3K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  Masterchiefxx17 
#1 ·
Hi! i have 1tb external hard disk seagate and sandisk 4gb which is connected to my computer..when i was trying to create booting disk from 4gb sandisk by using diskpart command...i did a mistake by not choosing sandisk instead i had selected 1tb seagate...it's just wiped out everything after i used below commands..

Make a bootable flash drive by opening a Command Prompt, 'Run as Administrator', to run these commands:
diskpart
select disk 2 ('list disk' to determine number)
clean
create partition primary
select partition 1
active
format fs=fat32
assign
exit

after that i realised that i have selected a wrong disk and when i checked the disk it was not accessible there was no other go i did quick reformated as ntfs to access the 1tb...currently i did not add any files to that 1tb nor over written any document..need help in recovering all my data pls help...
And formated as both type from dikpart fat or ntfs i dont remember and by windows as ntfs...
I could able to run getdataback application for recoevering my data found few directories unfortunatley most of the files were corrupted...finding very difficulty to resolve pls help

See less See more
#7 ·
Have you tired this at all? It is a step-by-step process that might help you get your data back.

Run r-delete as Alt-rrt posted lets see what results it comes back with to compare to what testdisk has found. Know one can give you any prediction of your chances of recovery thats just to wide a brush stroke. Step by step is in each tools documentation and websites. TestDisk has one and you have already been pointed to one for R-Undelete /R-Studio.
We need you to do this here. If you don't all we have to go off from is your testdisk infomation. Follow the steps by Alt-rrt.

---
Hi Can anyone help in understanding hardware status and provide me with possible steps to recover my data...will be ever greatfull some if some one can help me....
You had three other Techs help you though this and you seem to be ignoring them. We don't post just for fun. We post to get your problemed fix. As that we not be instant we will do our best to fix it.

#3 ·
You may try to use R-Undelete. Its on-line help Data Recovery Using R-Undelete. Your case is Case 2, Recover lost files from a deleted logical disk. While scanning check that the Enable File Types and then check the Extra Found Files folder, where the files that may be found using scan for known file types (of file signatures) may be the last resort for you case.
R-Undelete is a pay program but it let you to estimate chances that it can recover files for you before you have to pay for it.

#5 ·
Run r-delete as Alt-rrt posted lets see what results it comes back with to compare to what testdisk has found. Know one can give you any prediction of your chances of recovery thats just to wide a brush stroke. Step by step is in each tools documentation and websites. TestDisk has one and you have already been pointed to one for R-Undelete /R-Studio.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.