Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

blue screen

877 views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  spunk.funk 
#1 ·
ive been having blue screens like twice a day now. the screen just freezes but i can move my mouse. my keyboard wont respond and later the screen will turn blue and say kernal data inpage error and dumping physical memory. it mostly appears when im playing games and sometimes it appears even when im not doing anything. how do i prevent this blue screen? im on windows vista

#2 ·
#4 ·
It normally will find the memory dump files that are written to windows folder which ever version of windows you have if the dump files are not there you are either now allowing time for the PC to create them and either powering off the computer or the blue screen is something else. Without specific blue screen error codes its almost impossible to track down. I normally suspect video drivers so ensure they are the latest for your video card. Blue screen can be hard to track down. I did a quick Google for you and found this thread read through it to get some idea's what others have tried and what the error codes I am looking for as well.

Solved: Kernel Data Inpage Error...Please Help - Tech Support Guy Forums

#5 ·
oh yea... well you see after the blue screen goes away it goes back to rebooting. while rebooting the screen is stuck on microsoft and a progress bar going half way. i tried pressing all the f#s i see them being highlighted but its not bringing me anywhere. and there are times ill encounter a black screen saying no hardrive found

#6 ·
Wondered why you posted to the HDD forum so now we all know. Have you run the manufactures diagnostics on the hard drive if no then that's the next move. I have no idea what you have with so little info provided from your posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.