Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Hard Drive Support

User Tag List

Better position of HDD?

This is a discussion on Better position of HDD? within the Hard Drive Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hello, just a quick question. I see a lot of posts about what is better position for external seagate HDD

Closed Thread

Old 02-04-2018, 03:43 AM   #1
TSF Enthusiast

Hello, just a quick question. I see a lot of posts about what is better position for external seagate HDD (seagate backup plus hub).

Some people say to lay it down as there is normal HDD inside so it should have disks horizontally, some say it should be standing as it has 4 plastic "legs".

Any ideas whats actually better?
Advertisement

Old 02-04-2018, 05:15 AM   #2
Moderator TSF
Hardware Team Moderator

Its functionality isn't affected in any way by its position. I recommend having it laid down flat instead of standing tall because of stability. It's pretty easy to knock it down and damage it in the process if placed standing upright, even for the thickest variant (Fast). Beware of internet trolls buddy.
Old 02-04-2018, 05:38 AM   #3
TSF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stancestans View Post
Its functionality isn't affected in any way by its position. I recommend having it laid down flat instead of standing tall because of stability. It's pretty easy to knock it down and damage it in the process if placed standing upright, even for the thickest variant (Fast). Beware of internet trolls buddy.
Thank you very much, makes much more sense :) I just wasnt too sure because the 4 plastic buttons (legs).

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
[SOLVED] Noob needs help with new HDD & USB3.0 to Sata adapter
I'm desperate right now. I just spend two hours googling and haven't been able to find a solution. I'm terrified that my new HDD is DoA, but I'm hoping it's a different issue. So here's the deal. I built a PC a year ago. It's running Windows 7 on a small SSD and then I have my old 500GB HDD as...
bushid0 Hard Drive Support 11 03-02-2014 03:33 PM
PC shutting down when HDD is connected/ can Format HDD
I have 3 PC. 1st Problem: On the 1st PC, I been using it for long terms all goes well until one day it suddenly rebooting itself. During that time to use my PC, I need to turn on/off repeatedly, until I feel it becomes stable and wont reboot anymore. But time comes that it crashed totally, it...
lightvon Motherboards, Bios & CPU 1 01-20-2014 06:23 AM
backing up my old HDD to my new HDD
Hi, my old HDD is dieing and I want to back up a few things from it to my new HDD, but when I put in my new HDD my computer doesn't recognize it. Just to make this clear I have 3 storage devices. First one is my SSD which has my OS on it, next I have my old HDD (dieing) which is the one with...
haw808 Hard Drive Support 13 11-13-2012 12:50 AM
BSOD after Indoor External HDD plugged into my Laptop
BSOD after Indoor External HDD plugged into my Laptop Please help me, when I plugged an external defective HDD into my laptop I got BSOD, I know it was defective because before when I plugged it(HDD) into my laptop, it can not read it but it can read other external HDD. But when I plugged it...
TheJaiBro Hard Drive Support 0 07-17-2011 09:01 PM
[SOLVED] How can I put in a link to my picasa album?
I have about 80 photos I want people to have access to from the website, I thought the best way to do this would be to create a link to the album and add it to one of my web pages. I'm a complete novice and struggling a bit, hoping I can pull it all together! You may well hear from me again
liesbeth Web Design & Development 53 05-20-2011 09:45 PM