Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Best Xbox(Non-Slim) HDD Storage?

829 views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  A1tecice 
#1 ·
Hello,

I had a 120GB HDD for my xbox a few weeks ago until it suddenly just died on me. I was thinking about purchasing another one, but I do not want something like that to happen again; I lost a lot of saves! I was also thinking of buying an external HDD(ex: 500GB) to save $$$? Would that be possible? My main concern is just to install games on the HDD to reduce loading times/console noise/disc spinning. I've heard of some restrictions that Xbox will only allow a 16GB external/flash drive to be read, is that true? Not quite sure how it works =\

Well anyway, my primary question:

What would be the cheapest/best solution to Xbox(Non-Slim) storage for installing games on?

#2 ·
Yes i believe it is true about the 16GB flash drives.

Xbox use a standard sata laptop drive as there hard drive, I also believe there is a limit of 250GB max (Unconfirmed). You will also need a special DOS tool for flashing your new drive to an xbox recognised format (fat-32,NTFS dont work).

Thanks,
Altie

#4 ·
Yes Microsoft Xbox has a limit of 16GB for flash drives. I suspect the reason they have done this is to force users to buy official Xbox hard drives.

With 250GB you could fit many games at once, Nothing stopping you un installing a game (but not the save) then reinstalling it at a later date.

Thanks,
Altie

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.