Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Any Hope? Hard Drive Fail! Up for the Challenge?

1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Alt-rtt 
#1 ·
Try to make a long story short...my computer knowledge is minimal. I was told by my company that I had to download encryption software, specifically SecureDoc from WinMagic. I failed to make a good image backup, my luck. Downloaded software and at boot it freezes on HP logo. IT pro says lets look at the software...plug it in another PC via USB. It says the drive is Full to capacity and has 100% free space simultaneously. IT pro says the drive is in flux and the recovery software wants to run a quick format. He proceeds.

Not knowing for certain if the drive is fully ecrypted, partial encrypted or anything for that matter, is there any slight hope of recovery anything?? All of my client data is on this hard drive.

Local Recovery experts say no! There has to be something! can I unformat the drive?

Any help or suggestions will be appreciated.

#5 ·
It's hard to say much without seeing the data on the disk. If the disk is indeed fully encrypted, you're out of luck, if partially or just corrupted, some chances exist.
I recommend you to use R-Undelete to completely scan the disk (see its on-line help for details Recover Lost Files from Deleted/Corrupted Logical Disks/Partitions). If it reveals garbage, you're out of luck, if it finds something you may see if it worth recovering. Pay attention to the Extra Found Files folder, it may contain some important files, although the file names and paths would be lost.
R-Undelete is a pay program, but it allows you to do this scan in the demo mode to estimate whether it's worth buying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.