Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Annoying Raid problem

788 views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  Networks 
#1 ·
I've just built a new computer and I'm using an SSD drive for windows, now in my old computer I had 2 raided HDs which I've plugged into this one and the computer won't recognise it! If I use Intel's raid storage technology software it sees it perfect and I can use them/run programs off them. However I get freezes and crashes in windows with it installed so I had to remove it.

I've been into regedit and made sure the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\msahci was set to 0
I really don't want to backup all my data and format them, it just annoys me how it's fine with software I can't use :/
Oh and in bios it's set to ACHI, I tried switching to raid mode and it looks like it sees the raid on start-up but then crashes when starting to load windows.
Please has anyone got any ideas?

#4 ·
Raid0 is 2 or more drives striped together both have to be present to work. Hopefully all your moving them around has not corrupted the raid set. Put them back in original pc same drive on same port and copy off the data to move to the new pc

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.