Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Design Forum > Graphic Design, Digital Imaging, and Multimedia

User Tag List

HOw to fast forward in sony vegas pro 12?

This is a discussion on HOw to fast forward in sony vegas pro 12? within the Graphic Design, Digital Imaging, and Multimedia forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. So how do I fast forward only the parts I want and not the whole video?

Closed Thread

Old 02-13-2013, 07:22 PM   #1
Registered Member

So how do I fast forward only the parts I want and not the whole video?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-13-2013, 07:30 PM   #2
Moderator, Design Team

My System

You can drag the scrubber bar at the top of the timeline to where you want to look at then press play to play through those parts

[CENTER]Audacity
Irfan View GSpot

Old 02-13-2013, 07:38 PM   #3
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zuluclayman View Post
You can drag the scrubber bar at the top of the timeline to where you want to look at then press play to play through those parts
I don't get what your saying what's a scrubber bar? I want to fast forward certain parts not fast forward the whole video.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-13-2013, 08:12 PM   #4
Moderator Hardware Team

My System

Do you want to speed up some parts of your video and leave the rest at the normal speed and then save the completed edit, or do you want to move forward to a different part of the video while playing it back?

Disable Social Media Buttons: adblockplus.org/en/features#socialmedia
Old 02-13-2013, 11:41 PM   #5
Moderator, Design Team

My System

oops sorry - I probably misunderstood - koala's post probably is what you want to do? - speed certain sections of a clip up and leave the rest as normal?
If this is the case you need to split the clip into sections - cut it where you want to speed the clip up and again where you want it to go back to normal speed.
To speed (or slow) a clip once cut, drag the end handles of the clip along the timeline further (to the right) to slow it down or drag it to the left to speed it up - in effect what you are doing is changing the duration of the content of the clip.
There are any number of video tutorials on Youtube

[CENTER]Audacity
Irfan View GSpot

Old 02-14-2013, 09:54 AM   #6
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zuluclayman View Post
oops sorry - I probably misunderstood - koala's post probably is what you want to do? - speed certain sections of a clip up and leave the rest as normal?
If this is the case you need to split the clip into sections - cut it where you want to speed the clip up and again where you want it to go back to normal speed.
To speed (or slow) a clip once cut, drag the end handles of the clip along the timeline further (to the right) to slow it down or drag it to the left to speed it up - in effect what you are doing is changing the duration of the content of the clip.
There are any number of video tutorials on Youtube
Oh yes I got it split the part I want. Can you guys tell me how to zoom in and out of videos slowly on certain parts of the video?
Old 02-14-2013, 03:10 PM   #7
Moderator, Design Team

My System

To zoom in you will need to learn about keyframing - this will allow you to apply an effect and determine how and when it takes effect - or in this case, change the scale & position of the video clip at certain points.
Be aware that as you zoom in you are going to lose sharpness of detail and if zooming to above 125-150% pixellation may begin to appear.
Again there are many Youtube video tutorials as well as many text tutorials out there to help with this - for the purposes of a forum post these procedures are too long and involved. Let Google be your friend

[CENTER]Audacity
Irfan View GSpot

Closed Thread