Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Automotive Center > Automotive Support

User Tag List

'97 Mazda 626 6 cyl - Problems when removing intake manifold

This is a discussion on '97 Mazda 626 6 cyl - Problems when removing intake manifold within the Automotive Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I was able to remove the intake manifold on my Mazda 6 cyl, even though there were some bolts in

Closed Thread

Old 05-29-2011, 11:51 AM   #1
Registered Member

I was able to remove the intake manifold on my Mazda 6 cyl, even though there were some bolts in the rear that the repair manual did not mention, but I noticed a couple of anomalies. One is there are two small black plastic boxes attached under the intake manifold with interconnecting hoses. Heat has made them brittle and they are breaking easily: What are they called so I can replace them? Second problem is there is a 12 gauge wire that is similar in design to a coaxial cable in that it has an insulated wire surrounded by more wires. It's coming from the center of the V engine under the intake below what looks like coolant lines: What is this component? It's not mentioned or shown in the manual. It even had a clip holding the wire in place on the coolant line, but not shown in the manual pic. I haven't been able to locate the other end to even know what it hooks up to, I didn't notice it until I removed the intake. So before I put the intake manifold back on, I want to either splice into it or replace it if necessary, but I don't know what it is or where it hooks up.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-29-2011, 12:07 PM   #2
Moderator Automotive Center

Hi Daveh1575

Can you post a picture of the components and wiring harness that you wish to identify ?
Old 05-30-2011, 11:20 AM   #3
Registered Member

Sure, here are the pics, but I think I found it in the emissions section of the manual. The electical component in the center of the engine is a knocker sensor. It hooks up under the TPS, but I've not been able to locate that end yet - just the one broken wire part attached to the sensor. The other components are Vacuum boxes or bags or something like that, and a check valve. I'm just trying to glue new ports on them, but I may just have to go to the manufacturer for new. Hope fully the attachments worked.
Attached Images

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-30-2011, 05:45 PM   #4
Moderator Automotive Center

From the pictures you provided what I see is a coolant pre-heat pipe that runs across the manifold, I also see the injectors and the molex connector. Looking through a manual that I have on the far right right underneath there is a BAC valve, are you sure you're not confusing the BAC valve with something else ?
Closed Thread