Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Automotive Center > Automotive Support

User Tag List

'01 Jeep Wrangler SE

This is a discussion on '01 Jeep Wrangler SE within the Automotive Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. What can I expect to pay for a fuel regulator for a 2001 jeep Wrangler SE, 4 cylinder 2.5 and

Closed Thread

Old 12-14-2011, 07:37 PM   #1
Registered Member

What can I expect to pay for a fuel regulator for a 2001 jeep Wrangler SE, 4 cylinder 2.5 and is this part easy to find at local auto store? Also, how long does this part usually take to install and how is this done?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-16-2011, 07:51 AM   #2
Moderator Automotive Center

Hi down4j

The fuel pressure regulator is located on the fuel rail it shouldn't take you more than 10 minutes to do the job.
Old 12-17-2011, 01:37 PM   #3
Registered Member

The part itself is about $110 around here at local parts stores. on the 2.5 engine its part of the fuel rail so you have to buy the whole thing, thats why its so much, changing it is no problem like Octane said. When I swapped my engine three years ago it only took me 10 minutes to get the entire fuel rail hooked back up to the injectors, and the line hooked up. remember this though, the fuel line is made of plastic and will break REAL easy, if this happens get a section of high pressure fuel line and high pressure fuel line clamps and redo it from metal to metal.

Oh and any parts store can order it, if they don;t have it in stock its also available on E bay motors and other places on the internet like rock auto.
Personally I'd do rock auto or a local parts store before Ebay motors.
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2001 jeep wrangler will not start!!
I have a 2001 jeep wrangler sport. It ran fine a month ago but now when I turn the key the engine turns but it will not start. I thought it might be the fuel pump but I can still hear it when I turn the key. Please help...
2001jeep Automotive Support 9 10-06-2011 03:28 PM
2006 jeep wrangler turn signals
I HAVE A PROBLEM WITH ME TURN SIGNALS . THE TURN SIGNALS DO NOT LIGHT UP OR BLINK BUT WHEN I APPLY THE BRAKE THE BRAKE LIGHT GOES IF THE BLINKER IS ON THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME:4-dontkno
rehub1 Automotive Support 2 09-12-2011 03:40 PM
94 jeep wrangler problems
I have a 1994 jeep wrangler. 4 cyl 2.5 L 5 speed manual. Driving the other day the check engine light came on while starting to slow down and when i hit the gas to take off i had nothing and the car died. Checking it out the fuel system fuse was popped. Changed the fuse and ran for about 1/4 mile...
bballfan1203 Automotive Support 9 07-12-2011 01:49 PM
My "92 Jeep Cherokee will not start
I have an automatic 4wd 1992 Jeep Cherokee inline six. Occasionally when I park and then try to restart nothing happens when I turn the key. I usually just jog the shift lever and try again and it turns over and starts. Parked yesterday and could not restart it. Tried jogging the shift lever...
jpatosprey1 Automotive Support 1 03-20-2011 04:03 PM
Not exactly a technical question-Buying a Jeep
I went to look at a 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee. The guy said he is selling it for his girlfriend who happens to be in other part of the country. He showed me his girl friend's car registration, her letter authorized him to sell her car and an in-transit permit he obtained. If I buy it, he will fax...
FAQ Automotive Support 4 01-17-2011 07:11 AM