Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Automotive Center > Talk Car

User Tag List

Thinking about selling my car

This is a discussion on Thinking about selling my car within the Talk Car forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I am the proud owner of a 1995 Ford Taurus SHO. I've been thinking about selling it but I am

Closed Thread

Old 11-15-2013, 05:17 PM   #1
TSF Team, Emeritus

My System

Send a message via ICQ to ebackhus Send a message via AIM to ebackhus Send a message via MSN to ebackhus Send a message via Yahoo to ebackhus Send a message via Skype™ to ebackhus

I am the proud owner of a 1995 Ford Taurus SHO. I've been thinking about selling it but I am torn. On one hand all it needs are rear brakes (hopefully just pads) and on the other it's old and I need something reliable and more fuel efficient. I've called two salvage yards and they offered me $300. KBB lists it at around $1,300. Any suggestions?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-15-2013, 07:07 PM   #2
TSF Enthusiast

I'd fix the brakes. It's got more miles left in it.
Old 11-15-2013, 08:31 PM   #3
Gone | Not Forgotten

I would look at fixing the brakes, assuming there is nothing more than light rust on the rotors. Heavy rusted you are looking at calibers, shoes, rotors. That is probably a $300.00 job.

If the body and interior are pretty good shape, same with engine & transmission, take some time and clean up and ask your 1300.00. Take best cash offer, after all the SHO is family sports car. As you know they are strong runners.

BG

ASAP member since 2006

Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-18-2013, 09:06 PM   #4
Registered Member

What a great car that model was. 24v doc v6, it was quite peppy. To take that car to salvage would be the equivalent of getting kicked in the crouch. If you don't want it any longer I would spend some money to repair the car, clean it up nice and sell it. I did a search and found a few in fair to good condition selling online between $2,800 and $3,200.
Closed Thread