Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Automotive Center > Talk Car

User Tag List

[SOLVED] Transfer Ownership of a Vehicle

This is a discussion on [SOLVED] Transfer Ownership of a Vehicle within the Talk Car forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hey guys, So, it has been a very long time, almost 10 years since I had to go through this

Closed Thread

Old 01-19-2011, 02:07 PM   #1
TSF - Emeritus

Hey guys,

So, it has been a very long time, almost 10 years since I had to go through this process before.

I am getting a bus, Short Bus Modifications , and need to know the best method for getting it in my name. I live in Louisiana and I know there are different fees based on state etc. I imagine the process is generally the same though.

They are just getting rid of it, so the question is really. Should I try and do a bill of sale (and for how much) or should I do it as a gift?

What all is involved in the process?

I've also been looking at this site: Unofficial DMV

From what I remember 10 years ago, we had to do bill of sale for over 100 dollars or something like that.

I guess im just confused as to where to begin. Can't seem to call my local DMV and its a pain in the butt to get off work to go up there. Might try doing it on lunch tomorrow to find out.

Plan on transfering the vehicle in my name on Friday afternoon.

Many thanks!

Robert D Specian Jr.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-21-2011, 09:15 AM   #2
TSF - Emeritus

Alright, so if I just take it to a title company they can do everything!

For it to be transfered from a friend of mine to me I have to have the person on the title (my friend), two witnesses, and a notary. We sign an Act of Donation form:

Act of Donation (R0409)

Since the bus is currently registered in louisiana, I have to provide proof of insurance and thats it. The registration will be transfered into my name. Cost is about 75 dollars.

Hope this helps someone else out too!

Ciao,

Robert
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Unable to transfer files to ext hdd
Hi, I am unable to transfer files to my external 1TB hard disk. Facing problems with transfer of a few video files. Tried to transfer them one by one (average of 1GB or less) does not work as well. It will show the transfer time but it does not progress at all. I can't access the internet as...
hippo_brown Hard Drive Support 1 01-12-2011 09:56 AM
vista transfer to new hard drive ?
Need help! How do u transfer vista completely from my old h/d to my new h/d? is there an easy way using the vista disc as its on the same pc ? I am looking for a step by step guide if anyone knows of one . cheers i know one of you will know the answer:pray:
pod666 Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support 4 01-08-2011 09:39 AM
Slow transfer speed with router
Hi, In our house we have a home computer set up downstairs. The internet for this is connected via a modem to a router. The router is a Linskys Broadband router model WRT54G v5. My four children all have computers in their room and access the internet via their wireless networks to the...
jingles15 Networking Support 1 01-05-2011 01:00 PM
Slow file transfer in Homegroup
Hi all Wasn't sure to post here or in networking forum but the issue I'm having is the transfer speeds between Homegroup computers. I have a laptop & desktop both running Win 7 which are both connected to each other with the Homegroup. When I copy a file, such as a video file, from laptop...
andybucks Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support 2 01-05-2011 01:22 AM