Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Automotive Center > Talk Car

User Tag List

My Jeep is gone

This is a discussion on My Jeep is gone within the Talk Car forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I traded my Jeep a couple of weeks ago for a 93 Dakota 4wd with a 3 inch lift 3.9

Closed Thread

Old 09-04-2017, 04:30 PM   #1
Automotive Team

I traded my Jeep a couple of weeks ago for a 93 Dakota 4wd with a 3 inch lift 3.9 "4speed" which we all know is a 3 speed with od and a lockup torque converter.
basically I traded a engine making metal with rust holes in the frame a bad front end and slipping trans for a truck that is less in taxes, insurance, and has cold enough ac, but I have already replaced the transfer case cover and found upon disassembly I should have ordered the cover that came wit the chain for $75 LOL
Already replaced the IAC valve, which solved the idle vac issue, next is the O2 sensor, hopefully THAT fixes the bad gas smell out the tail pipe, after that I can replace the TVS cable so I don't turn the clutch packs into mashed potatoes and drive it away
Sound lie a lotta work?
Yea it is and I'll probably be blowing up the tech section I was a Chevy man not Dodge, but its less in EVERYTHING, taxes are less, and my insurance went from 188 for house full on the Ford and liability on the Jeep to 128, house Ford with full and liability on the Dakota

Oh and instead of 2 open diffs, this thing has both locked in :) which means the driveway is no longer a issue
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Maybe trade my Jeep?
Got an ad on CL from a guy in Norfolk that wante to trade a 2004 F150 and a kawi 636 ninja for a Jeep truck has 130k ( less than mine) its a V6 4x4 manual so its at least a 4 speed Bike I know nothing about and really don't care cause I'll sell that, my question to y'all is should I? Jeep and...
wolfen1086 Offline 8 07-24-2017 10:17 PM
04 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland Remote start install problems!!!
Hey everyone, Hoping someone can help me sort this out. I have a 2004 Overland and I am attempting to install (its in there but not working) Viper 5607v remote start/alarm with a DB-ALL bypass module. SO here is where my issue starts (it actually doesnt start). I wired everything up as...
money9117 Car Audio and Alarms 1 09-18-2015 12:41 PM
Baby, you can hack my car: researchers take over a Jeep from 10 miles away
https://nakedsecurity.sophos.com/2015/07/21/baby-you-can-hack-my-car-researchers-take-over-a-jeep-from-10-miles-away/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+nakedsecurity+%28Naked+Security+-+Sophos%29
JMH3143 Computer Security News 0 07-22-2015 12:03 AM
1986 Jeep Comanche problems
Ok I'll put this out there cause I cant; remember half of the stuff about the older ones anymore Theres a 1986 Jeep Comanche sitting in my front yard, with a 1989 Firebird 2.8 engine in it converted back over to carb from fuel injected with a 5 speed manual trans. Problem is it stalls in the...
wolfen1086 Automotive Support 7 11-23-2014 08:44 AM
Jeep GC 2000 Overheated and now won't start!
Hello, My jeep was leaking coolant pretty bad but not overheating over the summer, other than that it ran like a champ for the 190k it has on it. Until that is a month ago when it started over heating! Within a couple days of making sure there was water in the radiator and still having...
joeyv96 Automotive Support 6 02-16-2012 01:46 PM