Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Automotive Center > Talk Car

User Tag List

Looking for a cheap car

This is a discussion on Looking for a cheap car within the Talk Car forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hello guys, This summer, I will be starting my Course/Apprenticeship in Vehicle Maintenance, and I wanted to get a car

Closed Thread

Old 01-31-2012, 12:00 PM   #1
Resident Fugitive

My System

Send a message via ICQ to Ooudestomp Send a message via AIM to Ooudestomp Send a message via Yahoo to Ooudestomp

Hello guys,

This summer, I will be starting my Course/Apprenticeship in Vehicle Maintenance, and I wanted to get a car or engine for me to practice on and just fiddle around with. (instead of breaking my parents car ) What would be the best kind of car to start with? I have been looking around, but it suddenly came to me that more modern cars have computers and electronics in them, so could make it harder it to take apart?

Thanks

READ Before Posting

It is best to keep quiet and appear stupid, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-31-2012, 02:53 PM   #2
Gone | Not Forgotten

Newer cars have more things to check, but the internal combustion engine is still basically the same as it was. If you are looking for a car without electronics you looking for a car probably in the early 70's. Those are hard to find.

BG

ASAP member since 2006

Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Old 02-02-2012, 10:15 AM   #3
Resident Fugitive

My System

Send a message via ICQ to Ooudestomp Send a message via AIM to Ooudestomp Send a message via Yahoo to Ooudestomp

Ok, cool. Would a '94 Lexus LS400 littered with electronics? The other one I was looking at was an '94 MX6, because they look like sound cars, and are both under 500.

READ Before Posting

It is best to keep quiet and appear stupid, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.
Closed Thread