Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Automotive Center > Talk Car

User Tag List

is300 turbo

This is a discussion on is300 turbo within the Talk Car forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. i am thinking of putting an ebay turbo into my 2001 is300. i know how to do everything except i

Closed Thread

Old 10-22-2014, 03:49 PM   #1
Registered Member

i am thinking of putting an ebay turbo into my 2001 is300. i know how to do everything except i dont want to mess with the ecu. i was wondering if there is anyway around getting a new one. the boost would only be around 5 or 6.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-31-2014, 03:49 PM   #2
Team Manager
Microsoft Support

OS: Windows10. In the past CP/M, DOS, Windows 95, 2000, 98SE, ME, Vista & Windows 7

My System

I would seek the advice from the enthusiast's club: ClubLexus

The stability of an OS is in direct proportion to the stability of the user.
Old 11-04-2014, 01:01 PM   #3
Resident Fugitive

My System

Send a message via ICQ to Ooudestomp Send a message via AIM to Ooudestomp Send a message via Yahoo to Ooudestomp

You'd probably be better off dropping a 2jz gte lump in there. I'd assume the compression ratio would be different so you'd need new pistons. You will need a new ecu, or at least a re-map for the boost control, as well as new injectors. The stock ones would max out pretty quickly.

READ Before Posting

It is best to keep quiet and appear stupid, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Ivybridge Turbo Boost & Speed Step
Hey, I just wanted to get this straight since in the past I never used any of the power saving or turbo features on other i5/i7 processor. Turbo automatically overclocks any of your 4 cores dependent on what ones are being used. If the application used requires an additional boost, turbo will...
flyingspatula Motherboards, Bios & CPU 6 04-27-2013 11:32 AM
HIS IceQ Turbo 6970 running well hotter than it should
New build.. 6970, 2500k, 8GB Ripjaw X DDR3-1600 8-8-8-24, Corsair 650D Case with sufficient case cooling (1x 120mm front fan, 2x 200mm, one on top, one in back), Corsair 850w Pro series power supply.. not sure if there's any other info that may be useful. The temps on my CPU and MB sensor seem...
dstaley Video Card Support 10 07-08-2011 10:03 AM
Turbo Floor Plan Error
Hi everbody : Most of the time, when I boot up (especially after opening and closing Outlook Express v 6), and then trying to open Turbo Floor Plan v.15, I get the following dialog box : "There is currently another Cadsoft...
garystan Windows XP Support 1 05-10-2011 04:52 PM
P5Q PRO Turbo vs P5QD Turbo
Yes it's me with another stupid question -_- It seems I can't get the P5Q PRO Turbo motherboard but I might get the P5QD Turbo motherboard; the specs are all the same only P5QD turbo has only 1 pci-e v2 connector (which is good for me because I will use only 1 GPU). Are there other...
SMRDcompany Motherboards, Bios & CPU 5 01-07-2011 07:32 PM