Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Automotive Center > Talk Car

User Tag List

First time over 100

This is a discussion on First time over 100 within the Talk Car forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. This was a topic of discussion on Facebook by one of my friends. The question was: When was the first

Closed Thread

Old 02-15-2017, 04:54 PM   #1
Registered Member

My System

This was a topic of discussion on Facebook by one of my friends. The question was: When was the first time you drove over 100 MPH and what was the car?

I had thought it was the '79 Trans-Am I had, but after thinking back farther, I realized that was not the case.

It was during Drivers Ed class in high school. There were three of us, with the teacher, in a big Chevy Impala which used to be a police car. We were on a stretch of I-71 between Cincinnati, OH, and Louisville, KY.

I was driving and everything seemed smooth. Then, the two boys in the back started to giggle. The teacher had his head down in the front passenger seat looking at a magazine. It was then that I looked down at the speedometer. It was resting firmly on 120. I was going 55 MPH over the posted limit. I could have panicked and let off the throttle all at once, but I didn't. I slowly eased it back to 70.

I had never driven on an interstate highway and there was not much traffic at the time. My first case of being road-hypnotized, I guess. I got off at the exit where I was supposed to and when I stopped, the teacher raised up his head.

The boys didn't rat me out, so I got away with it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-15-2017, 05:19 PM   #2
Administrator
TSF Manager

OS: WinXP Pro SP3, Vista Home Premium SP2, Windows 10 Home x64

I was thinking it was the first time I drove a car all by myself......couldn't be. I don't think a '62 Falcon would go that fast. My first vehicle (that I owned) was a '57 Chevy 210 220HP and 100mph was a daily happening.

The times have changed......I'm trying to remember the last time I went over 60mph.....

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Can't Log in ?
A few days ago I ran Malwarebytes as a routine precaution. I left it run while I was sleeping, on a Quick scan. It finished the scan, reported it had found some stuff and removed it, all with no intervention. I did not even find a log. To complete the removal it said to restart, so I did. ...
Gene145 Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support 24 05-30-2014 02:55 AM
Latency Issue (pathping and tracert included)
Serious latency for past week+. I have power cycled, ipconfig /release ipconfig /renew and ipconfig /flushdns, bypassed my wndr3300 router and straight into my wbm760 modem all with no improvement. my isp is Comcast Cable. I usually get around 30+ download and 5-7 upload. I notice the lag when...
rothko_ Modems/Cable/DSL/Satellite 3 12-16-2013 10:13 AM
Laptop won't boot windows part 2
Hello, I had another thread, Laptop won't boot windows . It worked great for awhile but the laptop kept slowing down, so bad that once a week I would have to run disk check. Then about two weeks ago windows wouldn't load my profile instead it would load a "temporary profile". I couldn't save...
bleer Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support 20 12-26-2012 04:38 PM
Strange Network Problem
When trying to download files over 50-100m, they are interrupted and I am unable to resume. Most of the time it will say "download interrupted" or "network error". It happens over cable and wifi. I have a dump if someone could please look at it for me. It's over 12.9m which is over the upload...
BasedOn Networking Support 3 08-01-2012 09:49 AM
HELP - constant BSoD, freezes
Hi everyone, new to the forum, thanks in advance. I have an Acer 4810TZ laptop running Win7 home premium SP1. For a long, long time it has been freezing constantly, while also going to BSoD fairly often. For freezes, it definitely occured most often at the Windows loading screen. It also seemed...
bxm701 BSOD, App Crashes And Hangs 7 07-26-2012 06:08 AM