Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Automotive Center > Talk Car

User Tag List

Didn't drive my Jeep this morning :)

This is a discussion on Didn't drive my Jeep this morning :) within the Talk Car forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Drove my S-10 Blazer instead. man am I glad as hell I did too, yall know those big red lights

Closed Thread

Old 10-18-2009, 08:25 AM   #1
Automotive Team

Drove my S-10 Blazer instead. man am I glad as hell I did too, yall know those big red lights were all supposed to stop at? Well...apparently I was supposed to run one so this rich guy in a $60,000 BMW could make it to the store before the rain stopped, well, I stopped, he didn't, his entire front end, I mean clip, radiator fram, radiator, mounts lights subframe, everything, sacrificed itself to my 15 ton pintle hook that I keep plugged into the class 5 hitch :)

He proceeded to chew my ***, for stopping at a red light, needless to say the cop that was enjoying his coffee at the 7-11 next door was NOT impressed with his story LOL

Oh did I mention theres no damage at all to my S-10 Blazer LMAO, If I hadn't been watching him I would not have known he had hit me LOL

Gotta love old trucks :)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-18-2009, 09:59 AM   #2
Administrator
Automotive Team Manager

OS: Windows 10/Windows 7/Windows XP Home/Pro SP3/Windows 98SE/Fedora Core 6/RH 7.2 with Autopoint/TAMS I

I presume along with no damage to the Blazer, there was no damage to you as well? Just how fast was he going?

Please post all questions in the appropriate forum. Questions sent by email or PM will not be answered.
Interested in Trek gaming? Check out the Dynaverse!
Proud supporter of the Carolinas Aviation Museum - the final home of Flight 1549.
Confession might be good for the soul, but it hurts the heart like hell.
Old 10-18-2009, 01:21 PM   #3
Automotive Team

Nope no damage to me either, I'd guess he was going about 25 or 26, it was a turn lane so you have no choice but to slow down from 45, and if he had been doing 45 he would have missed me completely and met a very unforgiving oak tree
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-18-2009, 02:50 PM   #4
Administrator
Automotive Team Manager

OS: Windows 10/Windows 7/Windows XP Home/Pro SP3/Windows 98SE/Fedora Core 6/RH 7.2 with Autopoint/TAMS I

Glad to hear that you had no injuries!
Oak tree? What about traffic in the intersection? It wouldn't have been too forgiving either!

Please post all questions in the appropriate forum. Questions sent by email or PM will not be answered.
Interested in Trek gaming? Check out the Dynaverse!
Proud supporter of the Carolinas Aviation Museum - the final home of Flight 1549.
Confession might be good for the soul, but it hurts the heart like hell.
Old 10-18-2009, 06:04 PM   #5
Automotive Team

Yea it wouldn't have been but they were all stopped so he'd have missed them and went straight off the road, I can't wait for his insurance company to call me :) I love telling those people that theres no damage to my vehicle when the other one is totaled :)
I called my insurance agent, he came out and took pictures, of both vehicles, and told me that I could get a new paint job on my bumper if I wanted it, but it wouldn't be worth the time in court since I paint the bumper with black spray paint from Wal mart
Old 10-18-2009, 07:11 PM   #6
TSF Team, Emeritus

My System

Send a message via ICQ to ebackhus Send a message via AIM to ebackhus Send a message via MSN to ebackhus Send a message via Yahoo to ebackhus Send a message via Skype™ to ebackhus

I read a similar story about a woman driving through a rather well-to-do area and coming to a stop at a stop sign. The car behind her didn't want to stop and ran full into the back of her vehicle. The driver got out and started ranting and raving about how she should have NOT stopped at a STOP SIGN. Apparently nobody stops at that stop sign.

I can't believe some people are issued a license...
Old 10-19-2009, 02:04 PM   #7
Automotive Team

Yea Its like that here too, I work for the City here and I was told than all city vehicles are REQUIRED TO STOP, at all stop signs, red lights and Yellow lights, Virginia Beach requires all persons to come to a full stop at a red light before making a right on red too, I get horns and fingers all day cause, if I get a ticket for something I did blatantly wrong I get fired no later than the end of the day, and the police are hot and heavy writing tickets around here, I just wish teh idiots that think its their personal speedway would all lose their license and have to walk permanently
Closed Thread