Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Automotive Center > Talk Car

User Tag List

Dashboard 7 inch monitor

This is a discussion on Dashboard 7 inch monitor within the Talk Car forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. How tough are the 7 inch dashboard monitors, will they hold up to summer heat? Thanks for your help

Closed Thread

Old 04-06-2011, 07:19 AM   #1
Registered Member

How tough are the 7 inch dashboard monitors, will they hold up to summer heat?
Thanks for your help
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-06-2011, 04:24 PM   #2
Gone | Not Forgotten

Hi and welcome to TSF

Is this legal in your state?

BG

ASAP member since 2006

Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Old 04-07-2011, 06:19 AM   #3
Registered Member

I am not sure if it is legal or not, probley not, I not plan on watching movies while I drive, yet! It is to be used for a backup camera for my truck, soooo much easyier to hook up trailers with a backup camera:)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-07-2011, 06:34 AM   #4
Gone | Not Forgotten

Hi:

Do a goggle search for back up cameras, there are all kinds of places that sell them. I would say that they only will work in reverse gear.

Making your own, I think you could get into trouble with the law.

BG

ASAP member since 2006

Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Old 04-07-2011, 08:16 AM   #5
GIGO

Some car GPS headunits come with 7" screens, others with ~6" or so, and most have the ability to connect an optional backup camera. By design they pop up the rear cam picture when you shift into reverse. On my JVC you can also bring up the rear view pic anytime via the function menus. All perfectly legal.

The only thing that is not kosher is bypassing the parking brake interlock that prevents DVD video playing whilst in motion.
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Can a video card damage a monitor?
I posted this in another forum and no one replied. Let me give you the scenario. I have a SAPPHIRE 100260SR Radeon HD 4850 X2 1GB 512-bit (2 x 256-bit) GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card. The card has 4 dvi ports so I can have 4 monitors attached to it. 2 of my...
ikarihiokami Video Card Support 5 07-01-2011 03:59 PM
External Monitor: Can't get full resolution option *very strange details inside*
Hello all, Thank you for viewing this post. I have searched the Internet far and wide for a means to solve this problem, but as I try new things, some weird occurances are happening that don't seem to make any sense. First of all, I am using a Kohjinsha SX series notebook (Japan market)...
jtrebel Other Hardware Support 7 03-30-2011 09:39 PM
[SOLVED] Have lost DVI-D signal to monitor
I have my PC connected via DVI/HDMI adapter to my TV and via DVI-D cable to my monitor and everything has worked hunky dory thus far. The other day I was running the PC GFX to the TV watching a movie and decided to unplug the monitor power cable to free up a power socket. When I plugged it...
Randall Flagg Other Hardware Support 11 03-24-2011 04:19 PM
HD5770 HDMI with 22 Inch Monitor blur problems?
I may of discussed this before, but when connecting HDMI cable from Video Card to monitor, it has this blur problem, never been able to fix it through CCC or anything else, I think the 1440x900 looked the best of the resolutions, but anything else including the recommended 1920x1080 it is blurry. ...
Real_Bullet Video Card Support 4 02-18-2011 03:08 PM
[SOLVED] Having issues with 27 inch monitor with gpu
Hey guys i plugged my 27 in today and its epic however i am having issues all the writing on the desktop is blurry and its really hard to read. the res i am using is 2560x1440. I ran bfbc2 to see if it effects apps but that was fine of course. any desktop app including browsers are almost...
Neally Video Card Support 3 01-10-2011 07:31 AM