Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Automotive Center > Talk Car

User Tag List

Classic car humour...

This is a discussion on Classic car humour... within the Talk Car forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. www.brit.ca/~tboicey/comics.html I had to laugh @ this one although they all make me smile https://anonym.to/https://www.brit.ca/...omics/tr9.html I love old cars,they look

Closed Thread

Old 08-24-2011, 04:29 PM   #1
An Awesome Dude

www.brit.ca/~tboicey/comics.html

I had to laugh @ this one although they all make me smile

https://anonym.to/https://www.brit.ca/...omics/tr9.html

I love old cars,they look better

Actually i like old MOST ANYTHING as the quality was MUCH BETTER!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-24-2011, 04:52 PM   #2
Gone | Not Forgotten

Quote:
Actually i like old MOST ANYTHING as the quality was MUCH BETTER!!
If old cars were so much better, there would be a lot more of them around.

Back before about 1970's if you had a car with 100,000 miles, chances were real good you had a junker.

BG

ASAP member since 2006

Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Old 08-25-2011, 04:57 AM   #3
GIGO

Totally agree... rust... rattles... CARBURETORS!!... Ugghhh. Kind of amazing my 1994 Camaro will qualify for historic plates here in less than 3 years. In amazing condition other than the headliner and a few cosmetic scratches. A 60s era Mustang I once owned was a a rusty oil burning bucket of bolts by the time it was 10 years old.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basementgeek View Post
If old cars were so much better, there would be a lot more of them around.

Back before about 1970's if you had a car with 100,000 miles, chances were real good you had a junker.

BG
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-25-2011, 05:20 AM   #4
Administrator
TSF Manager

OS: WinXP Pro SP3, Vista Home Premium SP2, Windows 10 Home x64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raylo View Post
Totally agree... rust... rattles... CARBURETORS!!... Ugghhh. Kind of amazing my 1994 Camaro will qualify for historic plates here in less than 3 years. In amazing condition other than the headliner and a few cosmetic scratches. A 60s era Mustang I once owned was a a rusty oil burning bucket of bolts by the time it was 10 years old.
If you had a '64 Mustang, all you had was a Falcon with a different body. Took my test in a '62 Falcon.....was my parents car (purchased new) and was a real pain with maintenance. Not only the carbs back then, you also had points and a condenser for ignition. Those were the days.......
Old 08-25-2011, 09:15 AM   #5
GIGO

Mine was a 1966, 200 CID fastback, 1 bbl carb. It was a pretty car but S__L__O__W and the rust... You are correct about the points and such. Needed constant attention. Plugs maybe lasted 10k miles. The good old days? I think not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SABL View Post
If you had a '64 Mustang, all you had was a Falcon with a different body. Took my test in a '62 Falcon.....was my parents car (purchased new) and was a real pain with maintenance. Not only the carbs back then, you also had points and a condenser for ignition. Those were the days.......
Closed Thread