Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Automotive Center > Talk Car

User Tag List

Annoying Calls

This is a discussion on Annoying Calls within the Talk Car forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Every other week I get a call from a 3rd party that my local Toyota store hired to either say

Closed Thread

Old 03-16-2014, 07:17 AM   #1
Team Manager
Microsoft Support

OS: Windows10. In the past CP/M, DOS, Windows 95, 2000, 98SE, ME, Vista & Windows 7

My System

Every other week I get a call from a 3rd party that my local Toyota store hired to either say they have a buyer for my car or I'm due for service. I didn't buy from them, but do get service there. The worst part is the caller, working from a script is totally ignorant of the automotive world.

The stability of an OS is in direct proportion to the stability of the user.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-18-2014, 08:49 AM   #2
Administrator
TSF Manager

OS: WinXP Pro SP3, Vista Home Premium SP2, Windows 10 Home x64

Are you on the national 'Do Not Call' list?? Inform the caller that you consider the calls as solicitation and would like to be removed from their list. Talk to the service dept and tell them they will lose your business if the calls don't end.
Old 03-18-2014, 09:06 AM   #3
Microsoft-Team Manager
Hardware - Team Manager

Do you have call barring

Eliminate all other factors, and the one which remains must be the truth.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-18-2014, 10:00 AM   #4
Team Manager
Microsoft Support

OS: Windows10. In the past CP/M, DOS, Windows 95, 2000, 98SE, ME, Vista & Windows 7

My System

Yes, I'm on do not call. I will inform next call and next visit coming up soon.

The stability of an OS is in direct proportion to the stability of the user.
Old 03-18-2014, 10:06 AM   #5
Administrator
TSF Manager

OS: WinXP Pro SP3, Vista Home Premium SP2, Windows 10 Home x64

I've had people tell me they are exempt from the do not call list......I just tell them to remove me from their list and if I would happen to be interested in the future I will contact them.
Old 03-20-2014, 09:39 AM   #6
Registered Member

Funny how scammers call people, put up a lousy story and actually believe that people will buy it. Got calls like that, too, and as soon as I realized it was a scammer, I slammed the phone down so hard I was sure it broke their eardrums.
Old 03-20-2014, 09:40 AM   #7
Registered Member

I reported their phone numbers to Callercenter.com too, and warned others that they're scammers.
Closed Thread