Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Automotive Center > Talk Car

User Tag List

2003 mini cooper help

This is a discussion on 2003 mini cooper help within the Talk Car forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I found a 2003 mini cooper I am thinking about buying. It has minor stuff wrong with it like a

Closed Thread

Old 10-23-2010, 03:46 PM   #1
Registered Member

My System

I found a 2003 mini cooper I am thinking about buying. It has minor stuff wrong with it like a small crack in windshield, small dent in the back, window motors don't work.

They also said the radiator fan won't turn off until the battery drains. What would I need to replace to fix that?

I am very good at working on cars, but I don't know if I could diagnose that issue myself unless I just start replacing the radiator parts.

The person is selling it for $5,000 which is a great deal.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-23-2010, 05:17 PM   #2
Administrator
Automotive Team Manager

OS: Windows 10/Windows 7/Windows XP Home/Pro SP3/Windows 98SE/Fedora Core 6/RH 7.2 with Autopoint/TAMS I

Window motors around $50 each exchange...fan could either be a stuck relay or bad radiator fan temp control switch. Relay is available aftermarket but switch is only available OEM.

Please post all questions in the appropriate forum. Questions sent by email or PM will not be answered.
Interested in Trek gaming? Check out the Dynaverse!
Proud supporter of the Carolinas Aviation Museum - the final home of Flight 1549.
Confession might be good for the soul, but it hurts the heart like hell.
Old 10-23-2010, 05:18 PM   #3
Registered Member

My System

Ok, thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-29-2010, 08:00 PM   #4
Registered Member

My System

I test drove it today, and the radiator fan shut off, and the owner said it shut off for him too when he drove it today. So it sounds like its intermittant.

Also the breaks have rust, one headlight don't work, but that should be very easy to fix those things.

The window motors do work he said, but makes a clicking noise, and I found out how to reset the window motors online which should fix it.
Old 10-31-2010, 12:39 PM   #5
Registered Member

My System

Ok so the drivers side window goes down about 2 inches, and if I let go of the button, and press it again it will go down a little more, but not much, and it goes up just fine. Not sure whats wrong. I even had the drivers door apart, and looked inside.

The passenger one just makes a clicking noise, and the window won't move at all.
Old 11-02-2010, 08:45 PM   #6
Registered Member

My System

I can't get the spark plugs out. I tried each one turning the socket wrench clockwise to loosen them. I was using more force then ever to remove these, and I couldn't get them to budge.

I removed spark plugs from 3 vehicles already, and tuned them up so I know it doesn't take much to do it, but I thought this might be the first time that the spark plugs came out, and it might be harder, but I don't know.
Old 11-03-2010, 04:24 AM   #7
Administrator
TSF Manager

OS: WinXP Pro SP3, Vista Home Premium SP2, Windows 10 Home x64

Clockwise??.....noooooooo

Leftie, loosie.....righty, tighty. Never seen left-hand sparkplugs!!
Old 11-03-2010, 05:39 PM   #8
Registered Member

My System

Yeah sorry my bad. I meant counter clockwise. I pictured a clock in my head turning the other direction, but just looked at a clock since you posted NO, and now I got it.

I did turn it left, counter clock wise, and used a lot of strength. What should I do?
Closed Thread