Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Automotive Center > Talk Car

User Tag List

1996 chevy door sills

This is a discussion on 1996 chevy door sills within the Talk Car forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. hey i am thinking about making or attempting to make a set of door sills for my 1996 chevy cheyenne

Closed Thread

Old 03-29-2011, 01:17 AM   #1
Registered Member

hey i am thinking about making or attempting to make a set of door sills for my 1996 chevy cheyenne i was wondering how hard that would be. i was looking at the aftermarket kinds and was wondering do they take out the plastic sill that is stock or what? and also mine would probably be cut out of a thin sheet of alluminum how does alluminum compare to chrome and would it be easier and ok if i just attached them over the stock plastic sill? thanks for any advise
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
chevy 5.7L 350 tbi upgrades?
Hey guys I was just wondering what other peoples opinion about this would be. I have the opportunity to buy a tbi engine out of a 92 chevy 1500 with only 40k on it. I was hopin to buy it (he wants 400 bucks) and then make it a little faster by putting an edlebrock tbi intake, holley tbi, cam,...
redchevyz71 Talk Car 0 03-07-2011 02:40 PM
95 Chevy 1/2ton pickup brake light issues
I have a 95 chevy pickup. Issue is that when i turn the headlights on, the brake lights wont turn off in the back. The cab brakelight works fine. When the lights are off they all work fine. At first i thought it was a ground issue. I checked all the grounds in the lighting system and they were all...
ransmith Automotive Support 3 02-23-2011 06:21 AM
2003 Chevy S10 4.3L Vortec V6
Just want confirmation or ideas. I am helping a co-worker/friend with his truck. 2003 Chevy S10 4.3L Vortec V6 His vehicle is showing a check-engine light, so I used my handheld scanner to pull the codes. p0101 - MAF out of range p0341 - CPS out of range
GZ Automotive Support 3 02-17-2011 04:30 PM
1990 chevy truck worth fixing
i have a 1990 chevy 1500/siverado that i have a few problems with,i have went through 3 batteries it will start and run but it has starting killing batteries overnight,i have done a major tun-up on the truck(new spark plugs,wires,distibutor cap and rotor,new battery post and wires,new alternator,it...
bwilliams339 Automotive Support 11 01-26-2011 10:57 AM
1990 chevy 4x4 charging system
My 1990 chevy 350 has always burned thru alternators fairly quickly. I recently had a new crate engine put into it and it has already burned up this newest alt. Not six months old, put it in just before motor went out on truck. The motor noise comes thru the speakers of the radio whether it is...
tdrea Automotive Support 2 01-19-2011 07:16 PM