Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Automotive Center > Talk Car

User Tag List

03 Chevy Malibu a/c causes issues

This is a discussion on 03 Chevy Malibu a/c causes issues within the Talk Car forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. If I run my a/c it works fine but when I stop and restart car. Idles low at first then

Closed Thread

Old 08-05-2018, 05:11 PM   #1
Registered Member

If I run my a/c it works fine but when I stop and restart car. Idles low at first then a clanging sound starts which gets louder as I go.Finally it smells like it's overheating real bad when I stop. The gauges don't show the temp rising. I've completely stopped using the a/c and haven't had any issues.Other than last week after a 30 mile drive(home from work) I stopped for 5 mins and drove a mile home and the car started getting hot. Gauges showing high temp. This was first time it happened w/o turning a/c on. Hasn't happened again but I try not to stop after long drives and restart car for at least 2 hours. I took car in to mechanic who couldn't figure out problem. In fairness to him I hadn't realized issue was related to a/c at this point. I make the 60 mile round trip M-F.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-05-2018, 08:09 PM   #2
Administrator
Automotive Team Manager

OS: Windows 10/Windows 7/Windows XP Home/Pro SP3/Windows 98SE/Fedora Core 6/RH 7.2 with Autopoint/TAMS I

I'd have them check that compressor. Sounds like it may be seizing after stopping on the trip home.

Please post all questions in the appropriate forum. Questions sent by email or PM will not be answered.
Interested in Trek gaming? Check out the Dynaverse!
Proud supporter of the Carolinas Aviation Museum - the final home of Flight 1549.
Confession might be good for the soul, but it hurts the heart like hell.
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Another Chevy Malibu question
First, thanks for the help for the previous problems! On my 2004 Malibu my husband replaced a brake line that was leaking, bled the brakes and replaced a caliper. Now when it's driven the back driver's side wants to pull to the side about every 5 seconds. Any suggestions on this one? Also, on...
jhlarson79 Automotive Support 7 12-12-2012 02:32 PM
Brake Problem in Chevy Malibu
My 2004 Chevy Malibu's brakes have been hard to press on and so it's slow to brake. Now I have to press them, it seems like, all the way to the floor to stop. They don't grab completely. It's like the power has gone out of the power brakes, like they are now manual brakes. I've replaced the brake...
jhlarson79 Automotive Support 4 12-08-2012 06:56 AM
2006 Chevy Malibu low beam head light problem
The passenger side low beam headlight isn't working. The wire harness where the head light plugs in melts on the low beam side. I've replaced it and the same problem has repeated. Can anyone tell me what would be causing it to melt? Thanks.
jhlarson79 Automotive Support 1 11-15-2012 12:13 PM
video streaming issues
I have for the last four days been experiencing some extremely slow video streaming problems with all website involving flash (netflix, youtube, hulu, etc.). The video will play for about 2 minutes and then stop, then play again for 2 minutes, then stop. Buffering is extremely slow, even...
ece421 Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support 0 07-02-2011 06:33 PM
95 Chevy 1/2ton pickup brake light issues
I have a 95 chevy pickup. Issue is that when i turn the headlights on, the brake lights wont turn off in the back. The cab brakelight works fine. When the lights are off they all work fine. At first i thought it was a ground issue. I checked all the grounds in the lighting system and they were all...
ransmith Automotive Support 3 02-23-2011 06:21 AM